This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

L4D-CS [6K views, over 200 replies, join the community]

Post New Thread Reply   

chaosmedia90
Old 05-29-2009 , 19:05   Re: l4d - the counter-strike way...
Reply With Quote #31

wait wait wait ... i try understand you

i try make a project , but i dont have enought time because i need go to school for 2 weeks

i try make 20 % in that week

that mod is for cs1.6 or css?
orange
Old 05-29-2009 , 19:41   Re: l4d - the counter-strike way...
Reply With Quote #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukiuz View Post
at first im very happy that people were interested, now i will answer some questions u gave me.

Well i would like to know, if you can write yourself an entity`s called l4d_saferoom and to make t barrier so no t`s allowed.
I would like you to make a map from few parts for e.g. l4d_fortress_pt1 or some like that and pt1 pt2 `n so on.
Like you would put a t barrier in the beggining of safe room, and fill room with aaa trigger + make it some saferoom_completed entity or like that.

the explaination is that the 4 survivors bill zoey francis louis goes trough severe map parts, in the end so that no t can enter they enter room and the plugin handles the saferoom entity and when it counts 4 players in it, it shows the motd window that writes the best fragger etc...

so that would be it, oh and btw in the last part you could do a saferoom_finished

so the plugin counts 4 players when they come in and a votemap appears on screen. also its showed the best survivor best tank/hunter/boomer/smoker..

ok so you got the spawn stuff wrong, the spawn has 2 parts,
the first one is about ct

well at first all the people on the beggining of mapround (the first part of all parts) are spawned in zm places so its around the buildings/on top of them etc, but after few secs some of them 4 are tp`ed to the building center and go kill zm and others are teleported back to zm spawn, so thats all about ct, as i said they go trough map till safe room...

the second part about zm`s as i said at first ppl are spawned like em so around/on top of buildings... then when 4 are chosen they go hunt survivors, there should be alot spawns about 50, i condired about that if max is 32, so they dont stand in spawn just that each spawn is 10-20m away so its harder, and also about bot spawns as zm, the plugin should have cfg where we should write zm spawns, like this:
Code:
case 1
{
-413 11 -193 // tower
-237 984 621 // near door to tower
};
and so on...

like ill explain:

case 1 is when plugin sends that survivors are near tower or somphin, so the spawn thing is really hard, i will make it more detailed on the 1# post...

I think thats asking for way to much, You shouldnt be so picky it would be smarter for the MOd to work with regular ZM maps instead of having only 1 map if anyone would even care to do all that for you.....

its a interesting idea but its far fetched, Shine I would like to SUpport your ZM once you have a beta for it. so ill be waiting for the release feel free to PM me for beta testing
Old 05-30-2009 , 01:36   Re: l4d - the counter-strike way...
Reply With Quote #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by shine771 View Post
It's just fun to make plugins or mods. Why not waste 20 hours? It's fun to waste time on plugins. I'm going to make a zombie mod and publish it as soon as arkshine finishes his module. I'll make my version of this, that i thought some time ago and which i considered as impossible cause of 20+ zombies running around would cause really big lags. And by the way, you can call me shine, without 771, i wouldn't have used those numbers if someone who has been inactive here for a long time wouldn't steal my nickname.
k shine you got it

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosmedia90 View Post
wait wait wait ... i try understand you

i try make a project , but i dont have enought time because i need go to school for 2 weeks

i try make 20 % in that week

that mod is for cs1.6 or css?
its for 1.6 cs

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange View Post
I think thats asking for way to much, You shouldnt be so picky it would be smarter for the MOd to work with regular ZM maps instead of having only 1 map if anyone would even care to do all that for you.....

its a interesting idea but its far fetched, Shine I would like to SUpport your ZM once you have a beta for it. so ill be waiting for the release feel free to PM me for beta testing
i would like to participate too, so when its done pm and i see if it might be the start for mine l4d... also good luck

Last edited by lukiuz; 05-30-2009 at 01:38.
Send a message via Skype™ to lukiuz
dstopgunner
Old 05-30-2009 , 05:19   Re: l4d - the counter-strike way...
Reply With Quote #34

Ah , first time I see this post.
I've created a 'miniture' replica on this.
Mod -> 28WL V5.0 ZombieMod.

Bots respawn like left4dead , I notice bots run away when they get hurt , I dont want that.
I try spawning them with the health I wanted + 10k health.
Register the damage event if get_user_health(id) && zombie[id] > 10000 , they die. So zombies health is always higher than survivors.
Added zm classes like shade , hunter ,etc .
PLEASE , they arent crap classes like more hp less speed and nonsense.
They have special abilities , not crap at all.
Like for shade its almost invisible you can see its shadow , shoot it and it can turn less invisible for some time but it will recover like spy in tf2.
When it hits you , your screen shakes and flashes and you will drop your gun.

I ported other ideas from other games like Houseofthedead =].
Some ideas like random bots have chainsaws or something , throw barrels at you lol.
lukiuz
BANNED
Old 05-30-2009 , 08:57   Re: l4d - the counter-strike way...
Reply With Quote #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstopgunner View Post
Ah , first time I see this post.
I've created a 'miniture' replica on this.
Mod -> 28WL V5.0 ZombieMod.

Bots respawn like left4dead , I notice bots run away when they get hurt , I dont want that.
I try spawning them with the health I wanted + 10k health.
Register the damage event if get_user_health(id) && zombie[id] > 10000 , they die. So zombies health is always higher than survivors.
Added zm classes like shade , hunter ,etc .
PLEASE , they arent crap classes like more hp less speed and nonsense.
They have special abilities , not crap at all.
Like for shade its almost invisible you can see its shadow , shoot it and it can turn less invisible for some time but it will recover like spy in tf2.
When it hits you , your screen shakes and flashes and you will drop your gun.

I ported other ideas from other games like Houseofthedead =].
Some ideas like random bots have chainsaws or something , throw barrels at you lol.
i see, well theyre pretty good, now its question time.

1. Do they atack simultineously (like 3 on you etc..)
2. Are they shown in scores
3. Do they lagg server

All in all nice work you done, waiting for your answers
shine771
Old 05-30-2009 , 12:06   Re: l4d - the counter-strike way...
Reply With Quote #36

Quote:
I notice bots run away when they get hurt.
NPC's wont run away if they aren't programmed to do so. Who would want to make them run away? I can see it's a problem for him, so they obviously are bots.

1. They're bots - they do.
2. Bots like all other players can't be hidden in scoreboard.
3. No they dont, because they're bots.

NPC Zombie - Non player character zombie. A programmed zombie entity that attacks people. They wont show up in scoreboard and if you'll make enough of them, they'll lag your server.

Bot Zombie - A default podbot or any other kind of a bot, whose weapons are stripped and he's only given a knife. They'll automatically attack people without any amxx side coding. They'll show up in scoreboard and they wont lag the server.

Our goal is to stop NPC Zombies lagging the server. Cause their AI can be modified to suit your needs and they wont show up in scoreboard. The only problem is lags.

Last edited by shine771; 05-30-2009 at 12:09.
Costin83
Old 05-30-2009 , 12:12   Re: l4d - the counter-strike way...
Reply With Quote #37

I don't understand what some people have against a new fun mod even if it's verry hard work/impossible.

1. I am tottaly PRO to this mod to come to life even if I ca't help...
2. Developping a mod it's FUN and CHALENGING (not waste of time as some may say)
3. BTW I plan to put toghether some ideeas/models/etc. to bring my own mod to the requests board ( I'm a FAN of Resident Evil series... ) so now I have a faint preview of what I might encounter.... Lots of painkillers needed... =))
4. Why playing L4D when you can have a lower-resource game engine for low-end computers happiness and customized the way you want
5. Where the F**K is is the "I've made it myself" spirit (or at least helped a bit )
6. Some people have bigger plans, just can't stand and "play the default, it's better, it's the original... why bother... tra la la... "

Sorry I did'n intended to bore-kill someone...
Send a message via Yahoo to Costin83
lukiuz
BANNED
Old 05-30-2009 , 14:05   Re: l4d - the counter-strike way...
Reply With Quote #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Costin83 View Post
I don't understand what some people have against a new fun mod even if it's verry hard work/impossible.

1. I am tottaly PRO to this mod to come to life even if I ca't help...
2. Developping a mod it's FUN and CHALENGING (not waste of time as some may say)
3. BTW I plan to put toghether some ideeas/models/etc. to bring my own mod to the requests board ( I'm a FAN of Resident Evil series... ) so now I have a faint preview of what I might encounter.... Lots of painkillers needed... =))
4. Why playing L4D when you can have a lower-resource game engine for low-end computers happiness and customized the way you want
5. Where the F**K is is the "I've made it myself" spirit (or at least helped a bit )
6. Some people have bigger plans, just can't stand and "play the default, it's better, it's the original... why bother... tra la la... "

Sorry I did'n intended to bore-kill someone...
idk maybe you helped. if you played R E(resident evil) its about zombies too, so i guess you know some stuff about zombies and the stuff about this "mod".

i still dont get the 5 point, is it about me or you?, if me then im only say`n that i dont like to "made all by myself" stuff, im only the presenter/developer.

if its about you, i dont know about what you helped?

also shine, i hope you continue to work so bots dont lag, and dont stick in scores.

still waiting for some ideas, if you really help ofcourse i will add you to code part in the 1. section of my post.

___

all in all all the players that give me ideas, help etc. will be written in the credits part , no one, no one will be forgotten!
shine771
Old 05-30-2009 , 14:53   Re: l4d - the counter-strike way...
Reply With Quote #39

Lukiuz, about your first post, i'm not going to make only bot ai. I'll make the whole mod. I'll realize my idea about a zombie mod first when arkshine finishes his module. And then i'll make your mod, it'll be faster because i will have a half of the needed code already.
lukiuz
BANNED
Old 05-31-2009 , 02:35   Re: l4d - the counter-strike way...
Reply With Quote #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by shine771 View Post
Lukiuz, about your first post, i'm not going to make only bot ai. I'll make the whole mod. I'll realize my idea about a zombie mod first when arkshine finishes his module. And then i'll make your mod, it'll be faster because i will have a half of the needed code already.
good i`ll edit that