This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

HLG anti hack protestion

Post New Thread Reply   

devicenull
Veteran Member
Old 02-26-2005 , 14:43  
Reply With Quote #31

They don't use an IE control for the MOTD, they use a control that strips almost everything abusive from the code, then they hand it over to a IE control.
Old 02-28-2005 , 13:43  
Reply With Quote #32

lol GG

It was running on the -)RR(- EURO Server and -)RR(- Match server. But now it scans for files on the server only.... thats the first reason why I stopped it. Anyone ideas how to fix this? My filescan is modified but doesnt work anymore lol
Send a message via ICQ to anxiro
vancelorgin
Old 02-28-2005 , 14:59  
Reply With Quote #33

because file scanning is a crock - it catches nothing big or anything that works with the newest vers :/
Old 02-28-2005 , 15:11  
Reply With Quote #34

Updated everyday. All files were read from a textfile (to scan). I looked up cheatforums to check what hacks were released for filenames

But it worked, and I was very happy Banned a lot:d
imported_Hawk
Old 03-06-2005 , 22:20  
Reply With Quote #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by anxiro
Updated everyday. All files were read from a textfile (to scan). I looked up cheatforums to check what hacks were released for filenames

But it worked, and I was very happy Banned a lot:d
What program did you use anxiro? Can you share it with us please?
Old 03-07-2005 , 04:31  
Reply With Quote #36

Just used the standard plugin. But i found out it still works on CVAR commands like AIMBOT_SPEED <value>, hlh_box <value> etc.

It scans for all of these CVAR names on the client *too bad I can't figure out how to do this on Client-Connect anymore..*. If the CVAR is found the client will be banned. And it's working because you don't scan for files but CVAR names, which almost all hacks use to configure the hack in the game.

I can share the code, but you have to change it yourself then.
I dunno how to put it in Connect, thats too bad. I have to do this manual.

Post my code here?
XAD
Old 03-07-2005 , 04:41  
Reply With Quote #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by anxiro
I can share the code, but you have to change it yourself then.
I dunno how to put it in Connect, thats too bad. I have to do this manual.

Post my code here?
Why not posting it in "HL2 / SM Coding" to allow other coders to implement it... this is where other code-snippets and suggestions have been posted...

/X
Timmi the savage
Old 03-09-2005 , 05:31  
Reply With Quote #38

First LETS ALL GET THIS RIGHT OK..
What you call hacks.... Is Actually what EVERYONE IN THE WORLD CALLS Cheats. So when I refer to cheats it means hacks. This is because giving cheaters credit for something they didnt accomplish is foolish and I doubt in any situation the extent of thier intelect as a cheater is VERY LIMITED as where they could NOT produce such a complex application Even if it were like say 100 lines. Thats still to complex for people who cheat.

Ok now that i got that over with. And belittled the Cheats. (Cough)
I know of a way to detect WallHack Or BallHack and even AimBot.
Heres a quick explanation.

Basically It wont kick people rather alert players of a possible cheats and Start up a vote to ban/kick them.

Ok first I think there needs to be an array to index with.
Second we need to count everytime someone looks at another player when there is an entity/brush inbetween them. (Filtering out Water and windows ect.) Then we make a record in the MDarray with the time spent in look for each instance. <-- This is all for the wallhack portion.

Once say every 30 seconds a player at a time (to ease cpu load) we have it check the duration they were pointing at a player/enemy with a wall/box/cliff/mountain/door/ect between them. If it reoccours several times with long durations of aim locked in it will then decide to notify the players. It needs to detect a couple times positive in order to be accurate.

So if the first check comes back as positive then wait till the second check. (1 minute, 30 or more seconds between each check) the third check if positive will result in a menu for all the players to vote a ban or kick. (Server decides kick or ban)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the aimbot this is the tricky one cause Hackers (Not the people who are cheating using the cheats but the creator of the cheat) will rapidly adapt to any method used to detect them.

But i have a decent method. Theres one hole in it so far. I'll get to it in a minute. First were gonna need some basic stuff.

We need to check the aim location in a new MDarray. Now we need to record the aim location of the player. We are going to also record the time it takes to move placement and the degree of swing (New to alot of people) The Degree is just that a degree at the angle of the swing .

This is slightly advanced so im sorry if im hard to follow. Once you have the degree of swing we need to check its reciprocation(spelling?lol) meaning to go back and forth (or left and right in our case) So we need to find if the reciprocation happens and at what frequency(rate). So we will use straight vector coords. You can also use hitlocations but its sketchy but even works with amxmodx. So... Now every model in HL2 has massssssssssss hitboxes, so its not that bad to use. I like the vector method myself cause its very accurate.

Now we have all the information recorded. Believe it or not.... You can download cheat and dump those numbers yourself and SEE WHAT AIMBOT looks like using pure numbers produced by the process described above, Even though all cheats are customizable. But regardless it still generates a pattern. Again you can visualize the information with numbers and start seeing things unrecognizable by the naked eye. EXACT REPEATS OUTSIDE OF THE (CENTER VIEW BUTTON)
are a VERY SURE WAY TO DETECT Cheats.

This is the HOLE I refered to earlier they can generate random numbers for thier offsets/modifiers and then its less accurate but still works.

It needs to check the degree of swing. If there is no swing, and there continues to be none with headshots or similar locations everytime then You know without a doubt it is a cheat. Also If the location repeats (Several times) It is also a cheat. Or if the location is the same minus the same number over and over. Its a cheat. You see now i have looked at the source for a couple "HACKS" and it is simple to see how to combat them. Eventhough the Aimbot itself doesnt look at vectors rather it looks at clients and then modifies the aiming to the users preference.

As a secondary precaution were going to record all the numbers to a sqlDB of somekind (Or your own DB, whatever). Now we will look for the pattern produced by the numbers of known cheats. (Use a Cheat then make many preference changes(Usually they have an ingame menu)
Continue to do so as you will see new patterns and concers or flags you can now identify with.

Oh yeah.. I almost forgot. All of the information parsing and manipulating should be dont on a seperat computer rather a single computer for all the people who use a plugin of this type this way the server only need to record the information and act upon the results sent back.

Thats that. I would start right away writing it.... But I obtained a license for Hl2 and the Game we're working on Actually has no realtime combat eventhough the game is completely realtime (MMORPG). So we are combating Cheats by removing the basic principals that give the cheater the advantage.

Farewell. If you REALLY want to talk to me about this... AND YOU CAN WRITE CODE. ( if you cant plz dont bother. ) I will come here on and off to elaborate on the concepts. I am a highschool dropout with 6 years or software development courses and consequtive 2 years with .net courses.
Please Excuse my horrible spelling and grammatical structuring. I also
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CONTACT ME IN ANY WAY REGARDING MAKING OR FIXING ANY STUPID F'IN CHEATS(hax).

Beware.. I made a program that looks just like the DaBuzz, AK and other hl1 hax. It adds a process to windows that never stops corupting your steam files ( disables ALL STEAM GAMES ) Steam simply will never load again unless you reinstall windows or remove the .dll that i replace and then replace it with the origional (Thanks to my brother for his superior windows knowledge). HAHAHAHAHAHAHA End of hacks.

Only works on XP Even through MSAntiSpyware.

its disguised as a svchost if the process is ended it loads another similar.
The funny thing is in the readme I put the WARNING THIS WILL DISABLE STEAM BY INSTALLING THIS YOU HAVE AGREED AND UNDERSTAND THAT USING THIS SOFTWARE WILL DISABLE YOU STEAM SOFTWARE.

Hahahahaha. <----- I am evil.
Send a message via Yahoo to Timmi the savage
Timmi the savage
Old 03-09-2005 , 05:39  
Reply With Quote #39

You know infact. I will coin the phrase and Birth a new concept in gaming to combat against the persistant attack by the limited intelegence cheating community.

I will birth The Open-Anti-Cheat CVS. Then people can all just work together on one big aplication that will use all of the GREAT ideas i have seen on this topic ( on this forum/thread including other forums/threads ) and eliminate the ability for these cheats to be futher effective.

I dont have any idea when. But Soon. Because, I too am pissed off at cheaters. And I pretty much quit playing ANY "public" game because of it.

That and kids.
Send a message via Yahoo to Timmi the savage
Sekkusu
Old 03-09-2005 , 10:03  
Reply With Quote #40

What about ESP? That's the only hack that players really need to massively increase their skill. Instead of shooting through the walls they simply can tell immediately when the player comes into view and can pop one in his gut, how do you plan on managing this? I couldn't care less about wall hacking or aim botting since those are relatively easy to catch, but ESP isn't easy to catch and when used properly (not obviously) it gives a solid strong boost to the cheater using it. Plus, your wall hack prevention won't counter this, since they'll be watching a door and firing when the ESP is right in front of their cursor, not following someone through the walls.

Oh, and what are you gonna do about ESP radar? :-D