This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Banning IP & ID

Post New Thread Reply   

necavi
Veteran Member
Old 05-29-2012 , 00:54   Re: Banning IP & ID
Reply With Quote #31

Yeah, my brother and I have both run a lot of servers through it (big ones) and had VERY few complaints about it, the only things that we ever actually bothered to change was to patch in support for HL1 mods, which was done surprisingly easily.
xomp
BANNED
Old 05-29-2012 , 09:54   Re: Banning IP & ID
Reply With Quote #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. McKay View Post
GPL nonsense
I'm not calling up sourcebans' customer service department demanding a refund or compensation for damages so I'm not sure what point you're trying to get across with a snippet from the GPL regarding implied warranty. I simply do not use the software nor have anything nice to say about it, I'm sort of no nonsense that way. Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The thing about a lot of sourcebans' problems being relatively easy fixes is exactly why I don't use the software. Something as 'easy' to fix should have been handled years ago but haven't, which (like Valve) speaks volumes on how many f#cks the dev team can give not too mention the folks that have reported bugs to them are often met with fallacy of the beard.

The often used retort to someone who doesn't like software is usually the typical False choice that necavi gave earlier. This is often the obnoxious cadence among all developer/customer interactions you see today.

Last edited by xomp; 05-29-2012 at 10:09.
Send a message via Skype™ to xomp