This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[L4D] Reserved slots with no wasted slots

Post New Thread Reply   

Dark-Reaper
Old 01-29-2009 , 08:10   Re: [L4D] Reserved slots with no wasted slots
Reply With Quote #31

Guy I'm so sorry but your plugin definitly doesn't kick the lowest spend time player on the server, the thing that you've done with the ID Number I don't know what, was wrong, there is an example of why :

Big Myke
Old 01-29-2009 , 13:32   Re: [L4D] Reserved slots with no wasted slots
Reply With Quote #32

is this dev even testing his own work before stating that it works? I'm with you dark, does this pluggin even kick the highest pinger? haha Does it even kick the lowest pinger? or the MOST time played person. for all i know - it only kicks randomly and let alone its tricky to use your own reserved slot. I thought reserved slots are only reserved to those with the reserve admin level?
Dark-Reaper
Old 01-29-2009 , 14:07   Re: [L4D] Reserved slots with no wasted slots
Reply With Quote #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Myke View Post
is this dev even testing his own work before stating that it works? I'm with you dark, does this pluggin even kick the highest pinger? haha Does it even kick the lowest pinger? or the MOST time played person. for all i know - it only kicks randomly and let alone its tricky to use your own reserved slot. I thought reserved slots are only reserved to those with the reserve admin level?
The plugin kicks randomly everytime, that's a bad thing, but it's not the worst, the worst is : My slot is everytime used by guys connecting, and connecting to a full server cause my game freeze, and I need to restart, could someone, a great guy, the best guy, the best guy in this world, could make a plugin that adds one slot, just one, a spectator slot, EVERYTIME avaible ?
strontiumdog
Veteran Member
Old 01-29-2009 , 18:46   Re: [L4D] Reserved slots with no wasted slots
Reply With Quote #34

What can I say?
It works fine in our community, with its 18 servers. We have many, many people use it every day. The only issues we have had are with Internet Explorer...

I just thought I'd let the rest of the world enjoy it until VALVe released the SDK and allowed the SM devs to make a proper reserved slot plugin.

I asked bl4nk to move this in here.
I don't have time to rewrite something that I've already spent many hours on. And do I test the plugins....? Of course, every time. But there will also be bugs, every time.
When you get something that's free, and is worked on during the author's limited free time, you have to appreciate there will be problems. No-one gets paid to release their plugins here. We don't have teams and teams of people working on them.

If you want your own working L4D reserved slot plugin, I'd suggest you start with:
http://wiki.alliedmods.net/Introduction_to_SourcePawn
Icettiflow
Old 01-30-2009 , 16:04   Re: [L4D] Reserved slots with no wasted slots
Reply With Quote #35

*shrug* Sorry you got that impression from this thread Strontiumdog. I'm using the plugin, and it certainly works for my needs. Nice work.
AcidTester
Old 02-03-2009 , 12:46   Re: [L4D] Reserved slots with no wasted slots
Reply With Quote #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Reaper View Post
The plugin kicks randomly everytime, that's a bad thing, but it's not the worst, the worst is : My slot is everytime used by guys connecting, and connecting to a full server cause my game freeze, and I need to restart, could someone, a great guy, the best guy, the best guy in this world, could make a plugin that adds one slot, just one, a spectator slot, EVERYTIME avaible ?
Agree with Dark-Reaper, plugin doesn't kick the lowest spend time player on the server, instead it kicks randomly and more, when sm_reserve_kicktype 3, my server hangs on and drops everybody when i reservedslot 1, so i need restart server manually.
Any ideas whats the prob?

Last edited by AcidTester; 02-03-2009 at 12:51.
Send a message via ICQ to AcidTester
strontiumdog
Veteran Member
Old 02-03-2009 , 15:23   Re: [L4D] Reserved slots with no wasted slots
Reply With Quote #37

Lowest time kicking is apparently not working.
Set it to 1 or 2.

Maybe somewhere down the line, I'll get time to make up a work around...
protatoe
Old 02-04-2009 , 18:33   Re: [L4D] Reserved slots with no wasted slots
Reply With Quote #38

I'd like to point out that in addition to the "Intro to SourcePawn", these scripts that have been posted for our enjoyment are also an incredible source of knowledge. It took all of 5 minutes to figure out what chunk of code is responsible for going wrong. SelectKickClient(). I'm sure someone with a little bit more time then the author has can figure it out to work for their suitability.
santaclaus
Old 02-05-2009 , 17:18   Re: [L4D] Reserved slots with no wasted slots
Reply With Quote #39

if you're still willing to support it, it would be nice if the admin could choose the client to kick.

GL.

Zeusbba
Old 04-14-2009 , 19:57   Re: [L4D] Reserved slots with no wasted slots
Reply With Quote #40

Love to see this up and running with SDK coming out soon. Whats the chance of getting the in game browser setup too?

Last edited by Zeusbba; 04-14-2009 at 20:03.