This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

HLG anti hack protestion

Post New Thread Reply   

vancelorgin
Old 03-11-2005 , 02:19  
Reply With Quote #41

Rofl.

Yes, they're "cheaters", but the binaries are called "hacks".

Aiming at players through a wall is something few hacks do by default. It's just as likely that a legit player will be randomly aiming at some guy he can't see.

The "degree of swing" or whatever has been around for quite some time as "delta aimangles" which I mentioned earlier. It was originally in CSG, but was removed due to loads of false detection and easy circumvention (smoothaim and static / randomaim), which is why it should be relegated to a spectator aid :/.

Buzzy's my bitch.
Old 03-13-2005 , 13:43  
Reply With Quote #42

maby better idea

try to make something like C-D.

only better with DLL search.

www.team-instinct.nl
217.67.239.42:27015 + hlstats
217.67.239.43:27015 + hlstats
Send a message via ICQ to Sjaakie
vancelorgin
Old 03-14-2005 , 00:02  
Reply With Quote #43

CD was decent, but nothing is perfect. In fact, it's just going to be a war of updates, as *everything* is circumventable. Whoever has the most devotion will win, and frankly the cheaters have that down because they do it for fun and enjoyment, whereas the anti-cheat makers are doing it out of duty. I don't see a solution anywhere.
Old 03-14-2005 , 06:04  
Reply With Quote #44

Im sure it is very much just as fun kicking the Hack programers ass. You Vance lack any Positive attitude towards any type of anticheat that has been mentioned in these forums.
The anticheats will come. The only thing I see Holding them back is and this is Just my thinking.
Exactly how strong do you want the anticheat. Im sure the programmers are having probs trying to decide exactly what they want Blocked. Blocking one instence of a cheat may very well Block something else in the game that all thses little script kiddies, see as something that should be part of the game.
There will be alot of whinning out of the community when the anticheats come for Source. I cant wait.
Veteran Member
Old 03-14-2005 , 13:02  
Reply With Quote #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanicaltimi
Beware.. I made a program that looks just like the DaBuzz, AK and other hl1 hax. It adds a process to windows that never stops corupting your steam files ( disables ALL STEAM GAMES ) Steam simply will never load again unless you reinstall windows or remove the .dll that i replace and then replace it with the origional (Thanks to my brother for his superior windows knowledge). HAHAHAHAHAHAHA End of hacks.

Only works on XP Even through MSAntiSpyware.

its disguised as a svchost if the process is ended it loads another similar.
The funny thing is in the readme I put the WARNING THIS WILL DISABLE STEAM BY INSTALLING THIS YOU HAVE AGREED AND UNDERSTAND THAT USING THIS SOFTWARE WILL DISABLE YOU STEAM SOFTWARE.

Hahahahaha. <----- I am evil.
HijackThis, 5 minutes, end of story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkaway69
Im sure it is very much just as fun kicking the Hack programers ass. You Vance lack any Positive attitude towards any type of anticheat that has been mentioned in these forums.
The anticheats will come. The only thing I see Holding them back is and this is Just my thinking.
Exactly how strong do you want the anticheat. Im sure the programmers are having probs trying to decide exactly what they want Blocked. Blocking one instence of a cheat may very well Block something else in the game that all thses little script kiddies, see as something that should be part of the game.
There will be alot of whinning out of the community when the anticheats come for Source. I cant wait.
Every type of anticheat mentioned here has sucked. Just like the file scanning CEVO's supposedly "perfect" anticheat does.

Quote:
Ok first I think there needs to be an array to index with.
Second we need to count everytime someone looks at another player when there is an entity/brush inbetween them. (Filtering out Water and windows ect.) Then we make a record in the MDarray with the time spent in look for each instance. <-- This is all for the wallhack portion.

Once say every 30 seconds a player at a time (to ease cpu load) we have it check the duration they were pointing at a player/enemy with a wall/box/cliff/mountain/door/ect between them. If it reoccours several times with long durations of aim locked in it will then decide to notify the players. It needs to detect a couple times positive in order to be accurate.
Okay, so what happens when say:
Player 1 is camping a doorway, say in dust (The set of double doors). Player 2 moves up to the other side of the doorway, and camps also. Player 1 is looking at P2 through the door, but doesn't know that.
Boom. False positive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanicaltimi
I will birth The Open-Anti-Cheat CVS. Then people can all just work together on one big aplication that will use all of the GREAT ideas i have seen on this topic ( on this forum/thread including other forums/threads ) and eliminate the ability for these cheats to be futher effective.
Goood luck.. I haven't seen anything on these forums that would do what you want... but have fun trying.
Old 03-14-2005 , 16:12  
Reply With Quote #46

CEVO....lol
Old 03-14-2005 , 21:43  
Reply With Quote #47

Quote:
You Vance lack any Positive attitude towards any type of anticheat that has been mentioned in these forums.
Because they're all easily beaten. I honestly can't think of one that can't be beaten, and I don't see the point. Feel free to spend months on something that's killed in a week, only to have to rewrite it, rerelease it, and repeat.
Old 03-14-2005 , 23:33  
Reply With Quote #48

I apologize for my lack of knowledge in coding. It just seems that there should be some way to implement some kind of program that would block unwanted programs from gainning access to the source engine. Like having to maybe gain access to a certain code to be able to access it. Then if they do break it then you would only need to change that one piece of code that was hacked. I know it may not be as easy as I make it sound. You guys are Brains. Come on invent something
Old 03-15-2005 , 21:45  
Reply With Quote #49

Quote:
I apologize for my lack of knowledge in coding. It just seems that there should be some way to implement some kind of program that would block unwanted programs from gainning access to the source engine. Like having to maybe gain access to a certain code to be able to access it. Then if they do break it then you would only need to change that one piece of code that was hacked. I know it may not be as easy as I make it sound. You guys are Brains. Come on invent something
Well, I guess we could create a working time machine and kill anyone that tries to build a computer in the past, thus stopping anyone from creating cheats.
Send a message via ICQ to Bad HAL 9000 Send a message via AIM to Bad HAL 9000 Send a message via MSN to Bad HAL 9000 Send a message via Yahoo to Bad HAL 9000
tkaway69
Old 03-15-2005 , 23:10  
Reply With Quote #50

Well..Well..Well... Bad HAL 9000, you seem to be pretty smart, here figure this out.........GFY

You know, I have always liked a little ass.... But a smart ass.... I can do without.