This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[Any] Allow Admins to spectate the other team

Post New Thread Reply   

Dr!fter
The Salt Boss
Old 03-24-2012 , 10:07   Re: [Any] Allow Admins to spectate the other team
Reply With Quote #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by FudgePoly View Post
Got what to work fine? DHooks was operational after the crash, the problem was with the plugin that Dreamy made (but that could be related to CVARs etc. so I'd appreciate someone else having a look).
Sorry it was 3am my brain was a little off . I meant i tested my original plugin to see if the hook works which it does. And today ill try to have a look at dreamy's plugin
TnTSCS
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-03-2012 , 23:29   Re: [Any] Allow Admins to spectate the other team
Reply With Quote #42

I know this is a bit dirty, but it doesn't require anything but sourcemod... I've tested as best I can, but maybe I missed something...

Give it a try and let me know what you think.

Dreamy's with Dr!fters extension will be the way to go once the source of the crash is determined and fixed.

Admins with CHEAT flag have immunity to this plugin and can spectate anyone - you can override that command with admin_overrides.cfg to be whatever flag you want. Let me know if you want this feature turned off or have a toggle cvar.

Like I said, I know this plugin is probably bloated for what it needs to do, and I'd wait for Dreamy's version...
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (AdminOnlySpectate.sp - 188 views - 7.0 KB)
The Salt Boss
Old 04-04-2012 , 13:19   Re: [Any] Allow Admins to spectate the other team
Reply With Quote #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnTSCS View Post
I know this is a bit dirty, but it doesn't require anything but sourcemod... I've tested as best I can, but maybe I missed something...

Give it a try and let me know what you think.

Dreamy's with Dr!fters extension will be the way to go once the source of the crash is determined and fixed.

Admins with CHEAT flag have immunity to this plugin and can spectate anyone - you can override that command with admin_overrides.cfg to be whatever flag you want. Let me know if you want this feature turned off or have a toggle cvar.

Like I said, I know this plugin is probably bloated for what it needs to do, and I'd wait for Dreamy's version...
There is no crash >_> The only thing I can think would cause a crash if it was late loaded or gamedata or combo of both. AKA something weird As was mentioned after it restarted it was fine

Last edited by Dr!fter; 04-04-2012 at 13:25.
Dr!fter
The Salt Boss
Old 04-05-2012 , 14:42   Re: [Any] Allow Admins to spectate the other team
Reply With Quote #44

Here is my attempt. Works on cs:s. Didnt feel like testing tf2 but last time i tested the hook it worked fine. Requires DHooks 1.0.4-alpha (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...79#post1666379) I just updated it (only needed do to removing the need for a removal callback) If it works ill put in new plugins and add support for other games.
Attached Files
File Type: zip admin-allspec.zip (4.9 KB, 94 views)

Last edited by Dr!fter; 04-05-2012 at 14:43.
FudgePoly
Old 04-06-2012 , 06:15   Re: [Any] Allow Admins to spectate the other team
Reply With Quote #45

What is the required state for mp_forcecamera for the plugin?
Dr!fter
The Salt Boss
Old 04-06-2012 , 09:59   Re: [Any] Allow Admins to spectate the other team
Reply With Quote #46

mp_forcecamera 1
FudgePoly
Old 04-06-2012 , 19:40   Re: [Any] Allow Admins to spectate the other team
Reply With Quote #47

Dhooks loaded, all files in place, mp_forcecamera 1, plugin confirmed to be enabled, admin said he couldn't switch to spectate the other team.

How can this not work on TF if it works on CS? I'm testing it on the arena game mode but it's still red vs blue... Could this have to do with the arena's special dead state that does not permit respawn until the next round? Maybe it's not a "classic" spectation?

Last edited by FudgePoly; 04-06-2012 at 19:41.
Dr!fter
The Salt Boss
Old 04-07-2012 , 18:13   Re: [Any] Allow Admins to spectate the other team
Reply With Quote #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by FudgePoly View Post
Dhooks loaded, all files in place, mp_forcecamera 1, plugin confirmed to be enabled, admin said he couldn't switch to spectate the other team.

How can this not work on TF if it works on CS? I'm testing it on the arena game mode but it's still red vs blue... Could this have to do with the arena's special dead state that does not permit respawn until the next round? Maybe it's not a "classic" spectation?
I tested again on arena_badlands and it works fine. I should however mention that the admins needs to have the cheat flag.
FudgePoly
Old 04-07-2012 , 18:16   Re: [Any] Allow Admins to spectate the other team
Reply With Quote #49

I have all of the flags (including z) and I personally tested without success. I would appreciate having it on the b flag however.
Dr!fter
The Salt Boss
Old 04-07-2012 , 20:25   Re: [Any] Allow Admins to spectate the other team
Reply With Quote #50

I have tested again. Works fine. Also you can override the flag using sourcemods overrides (the command you want to override is admin_allspec_flag). I made a simple debug version. It will fire a message when the hook fires and also when it changes the result (aka when your about to spec someone you shouldnt be able to) Ive attached it below. If you dont see the hook firing when you spec anyone something is wrong. Note it will spam these print to chats.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (admin-allspec.sp - 98 views - 1.6 KB)
File Type: smx admin-allspec.smx (3.1 KB, 89 views)