This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

is there anyway to fix offline connection to server exploit?

Post New Thread Reply   

ganja_gaming
Old 02-27-2014 , 13:50   is there anyway to fix offline connection to server exploit?
Reply With Quote #1

so recently, I've had a couple players who are banned, but can log back in even with their ip or steam id being banned, for the first 40 seconds. so they can continue their spamming.

it didn't took me long to find how to run the exploit. here's the post

http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/fps/...ence-more.html

please help! thanks!
Sreaper
髪を用心
Old 02-27-2014 , 16:22   Re: is there anyway to fix offline connection to server exploit?
Reply With Quote #2

Thanks for sharing that exploit with everyone. You can probably expect more where those people came from.

To answer your question, you can probably have someone write you a plugin that kicks players without steam id's.

Last edited by Sreaper; 02-27-2014 at 16:23.
Pelipoika
Veteran Member
Old 02-27-2014 , 17:45   Re: is there anyway to fix offline connection to server exploit?
Reply With Quote #3

"You will get booted on any server every 40 seconds or so, therefore I recommend anyone who uses this exploit to type in "bind f retry" in console, without the " "." 5/5 would exploit again
VoiDeD
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-27-2014 , 19:42   Re: is there anyway to fix offline connection to server exploit?
Reply With Quote #4

Sounds like you have SM's core config setting for Steam auth validation enabled, you could temporarily disable it and solve the problem that way.

The ideal solution is to make use of better ban plugins that don't wait for Steam auth when checking SteamIDs.

Last edited by VoiDeD; 02-27-2014 at 19:43.
Ade
I love purple
Old 02-28-2014 , 03:22   Re: is there anyway to fix offline connection to server exploit?
Reply With Quote #5

pfff has any1 opened a ticked on github for this?
Old 02-28-2014 , 05:54   Re: is there anyway to fix offline connection to server exploit?
Reply With Quote #6

There is already more better method to evade bans, and it's new feature added on Steam lately...
They can now just make new Steam account/new steamid to carry on using same game.
Ade
I love purple
Old 02-28-2014 , 07:36   Re: is there anyway to fix offline connection to server exploit?
Reply With Quote #7

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/fam...4412076257902/
Old 02-28-2014 , 10:42   Re: is there anyway to fix offline connection to server exploit?
Reply With Quote #8

Update: I am currently using KyleS steam works to block family sharing. (aka fixing the exploit)

Last edited by ganja_gaming; 02-28-2014 at 11:58.
VoiDeD
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-28-2014 , 14:25   Re: is there anyway to fix offline connection to server exploit?
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganja_gaming View Post
Update: I am currently using KyleS steam works to block family sharing. (aka fixing the exploit)
Family sharing and the exploit you originally posted are two entirely separate things.
Old 02-28-2014 , 17:47   Re: is there anyway to fix offline connection to server exploit?
Reply With Quote #10

oh ok, didn't know that. thanks. I was wondering why it wasn't working haha. i used tony's **** (the thing we not suppose to say on here anymore which is gay as hell) to kick players with no auth within 10 seconds of being connected. so yeah, i guess that'll be the temporary fix to that.