This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Players Votes (v1.5.0) Updated Aug 09 2009

Post New Thread Reply   

meigyoku
BANNED
Old 05-09-2009 , 06:33   Re: Players Votes (v1.4.0) Updated Apr 20 2009
Reply With Quote #111

I can not install source mod, so I can not use that plugin, please help me!
The Resident
Old 05-25-2009 , 15:26   Re: Players Votes (v1.4.0) Updated Apr 20 2009
Reply With Quote #112

Sorry folks, I keep getting overwhelmed with IRL stuff. Hopefully I will be able to put more attention to this again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sky View Post
erm, mind if i would ask - does this works with vote manager and vote guard? cos players complained that votemap doesnt bring up all of the maps.
thanks
At this point, PV doesn't really have any good L4D-specific support. That said, the problem you're having can be fixed by changing your maplists.cfg file. Put in a section like this:

Code:
/* For playersvotes plugin */
    "playersvotes"
    {
        "file"            "maplist.txt"
    }
and make sure maplist.txt or whatever file you specify has the maps you want votemap to use.
The Resident
Old 05-25-2009 , 15:31   Re: Players Votes (v1.4.0) Updated Apr 20 2009
Reply With Quote #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontWannaName View Post
I would be interested in having a reason popup after the player is banned and people can vote on a reason for baning them so SB can know how he was banned?
That's actually something I wanted to do. So would you prefer it to be a menu that comes up after the ban, or have it come up automatically after the player casts their vote?
The Resident
Old 05-25-2009 , 15:42   Re: Players Votes
Reply With Quote #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaWaffle View Post
Lol I don't think you really understood me

I'm looking for the same kind of integration in the admin menu for votemute that you have for votekick, voteban, and votemap.

And, the map change issue?
Actually you asked for a menu to come up without everyone having to type votemute, which is totally different from PV admin menu integration. PV's votemute is already integrated in the admin menu, in the same way that the other votes are. - you can cancel, enable, and disable the votes. If you're looking to have a votemute actually start from within the admin menu, that's what the stock basecomm plugin is for. If I'm still not answering your question, please give an exact description of what you're looking for, because somehow we're not connecting on this.

Map change issue, one of the few itemse still on the TODO list
The Resident
Old 05-30-2009 , 12:50   Re: Players Votes (v1.4.0) Updated Apr 20 2009
Reply With Quote #115

1.4.1 is out!

You can now force votemap to only set the nextmap, rather than change immediately.

You can also now force players to select a reason for votebanning someone. The reason will be logged. If no reasons are defined in the config file, voteban will behave as it did in 1.4.0.

Last edited by The Resident; 05-30-2009 at 18:48. Reason: okay, went ahead and released 1.4.1 anyway.
Ripture
Old 05-31-2009 , 18:21   Re: Players Votes
Reply With Quote #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Resident View Post
Actually you asked for a menu to come up without everyone having to type votemute, which is totally different from PV admin menu integration.
I'm not sure if what you said at the end of this post was referring to this, but I would really like it if when someone did a vote, it popped up for everyone to make a choice on instead of each one having to manually participate.

I really like the support and customization of Players Votes but I REALLY like the ability of the built-in rockthevote plugin to force a server-wide vote on all players rather than let them participate or not.

Last edited by Ripture; 06-02-2009 at 00:27.
The Resident
Old 06-03-2009 , 19:39   Re: Players Votes
Reply With Quote #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripture View Post
I'm not sure if what you said at the end of this post was referring to this, but I would really like it if when someone did a vote, it popped up for everyone to make a choice on instead of each one having to manually participate.

I really like the support and customization of Players Votes but I REALLY like the ability of the built-in rockthevote plugin to force a server-wide vote on all players rather than let them participate or not.
How about if I added CVARs that would allow something like that?

say something like sm_playersvotes_automatic_voting:
0 - traditional Mani-style, requires all voters to type the trigger (current behavior)
1 - If a vote is cast using one of the chat triggers, the same vote menu is presented to all players. The menu won't be forced on players whose sm_playersvotes_interval hasn't yet passed.

The drawback I see to it is that there's a decent chance people are probably going to get the menu popped up on them multiple times, as players are pretty used to typing "votewhatever" to opt-in. The sm_playersvotes_interval timeout will probably help protect against that, but it might be somewhat confusing to people that are expecting Mani-like behavior. What do you think?
Ripture
Old 06-03-2009 , 22:45   Re: Players Votes
Reply With Quote #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Resident View Post
How about if I added CVARs that would allow something like that?

say something like sm_playersvotes_automatic_voting:
0 - traditional Mani-style, requires all voters to type the trigger (current behavior)
1 - If a vote is cast using one of the chat triggers, the same vote menu is presented to all players. The menu won't be forced on players whose sm_playersvotes_interval hasn't yet passed.

The drawback I see to it is that there's a decent chance people are probably going to get the menu popped up on them multiple times, as players are pretty used to typing "votewhatever" to opt-in. The sm_playersvotes_interval timeout will probably help protect against that, but it might be somewhat confusing to people that are expecting Mani-like behavior. What do you think?
That would be pretty awesome. I see what you're saying about a lot of people being locked out of votes because of that interval. How about having a CVar to change the behavior of votemap altogether? I would agree with needing interval limits on votemute, votekick and voteban, but I feel like votemap is/should be part of a different group.

I like the way vote(kick/ban/mute) works because that's not something everyone needs to be presented with and forced to make a choice on. They can join in on the vote if they agree with the one who started the vote. Votemap, however, is something every person on the server should have a say in. What about separate intervals, one for the kick, ban, or mute and a different one to control when players can initiate a votemap. I think each player should be presented with an option when someone else initiates a votemap. I really like the way Players Votes works, but, like I said, I love the "rockthevote" style of presented map voting and changing.

EDIT: Or, what about just letting people have the ability to participate in a votemap even if they recently initiated a failed votemap. They just can't initiate another votemap for, say, 5 minutes. But I still think it should at least have the capability of once a votemap is started, each player can choose to close it and not participate, extend the map, or pick a new one instead of having to type votemap to participate.

Last edited by Ripture; 06-03-2009 at 23:38.
myelin
Old 06-05-2009 , 07:27   Re: Players Votes (v1.4.1) Updated May 30 2009
Reply With Quote #119

Hello,

Would this plugin allow me to assign these vote commands to a certain admin flag? I'd like to make it where only donors with the "a" flag have access to the votes.

Thank you.
nbtc971
Old 06-07-2009 , 14:57   Re: Players Votes (v1.4.1) Updated May 30 2009
Reply With Quote #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by myelin View Post
Hello,

Would this plugin allow me to assign these vote commands to a certain admin flag? I'd like to make it where only donors with the "a" flag have access to the votes.

Thank you.
I was about to ask for something similar, can you set this so that only clan members have access to it? I'd like our clan member the chance to voteban someone out if there are no admins around. Or a cvar so only admins can start a vote?

Last edited by nbtc971; 06-07-2009 at 15:42.