This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[REQ] a plug in to limit awp purchases by player for x amount of rounds

Post New Thread Reply   

GriMz
Old 07-19-2008 , 20:02   [REQ] a plug in to limit awp purchases by player for x amount of rounds
Reply With Quote #1

can someone figure out how to do a plug in that restricts awps for a player over x amount of rounds (variable).

we want to do this so that ona server with awps limited all players get a chance to use an awp, rather than the same 2 ppl every round.

it seems like it would have to store a token in a sqlite db and then check at buy time each round on a player by player basis.

this would really be helpful for smaller servers with limited amounts.
Old 07-20-2008 , 15:48   Re: [REQ] a plug in to limit awp purchases by player for x amount of rounds
Reply With Quote #2

If you mean feature of Mani , taht you restrict AWP per team, then something like that exist for SM too ... but i dont know abou thing that will restrict awp after some rounds
GriMz
Old 07-20-2008 , 23:22   Re: [REQ] a plug in to limit awp purchases by player for x amount of rounds
Reply With Quote #3

read the first post again carefully, we can do ti in mani and what not, bu tit is to keep the same 2 ppl from buying them round after round.

so that everyone gets their chance.
Old 07-23-2008 , 11:10   Re: [REQ] a plug in to limit awp purchases by player for x amount of rounds
Reply With Quote #4

We use this with a combo round cfg..

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=545600
with a round plugin?

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=70337

Maybe make a combination with that is possible for a programmer out there.

Otto
GriMz
Old 07-23-2008 , 14:46   Re: [REQ] a plug in to limit awp purchases by player for x amount of rounds
Reply With Quote #5

seems like it will have to store data on players for how ever many rounds they are set to limit to.

this could be a very useful plug in on a awp limited server, makes sure it isnt the same ppl getting awps every round.

my small little community away from 101 is very very scout happy, but if you leave a couple awps per team, its always the same ppl round after round, and alot of our guys think awping is cheap (109 in the arm, yep, imagine that), i tisnt that they mind awpers, it that they mind the continual whoring on the awps.

this could make things much much fairer.
Old 07-23-2008 , 14:50   Re: [REQ] a plug in to limit awp purchases by player for x amount of rounds
Reply With Quote #6

I can see that. That'll have to be kept in a sql lite and tracked that way? I can see someone making this.

otto
siosios
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-24-2008 , 20:47   Re: [REQ] a plug in to limit awp purchases by player for x amount of rounds
Reply With Quote #7

i just believe in the old fashioned who ever can buy faster routine.
Old 07-24-2008 , 22:09   Re: [REQ] a plug in to limit awp purchases by player for x amount of rounds
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by siosios View Post
i just believe in the old fashioned who ever can buy faster routine.
thats called F2, they arent buying, they are rebuying with 1 button, thats where the problem lies, new ppl can never get them.
Old 07-30-2008 , 01:36   Re: [REQ] a plug in to limit awp purchases by player for x amount of rounds
Reply With Quote #9

bump, any scripters willing to look into this?