This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Linux l4d2 Help with server not finishing loading

Post New Thread Reply   

rroginela
Old 11-18-2011 , 13:24   Linux l4d2 Help with server not finishing loading
Reply With Quote #1

Hi,

Total newb so be gentle.

Have a centos box that I setup to run a dedicated server and it does run and I can connect until I install sourcemod....

I have tried running the newest (devel) versions and the stable version with no success.... it just hangs while loading map and I can't type anything or anything. I followed the instructions as best as i could and these are vanilla installs nothing that didn't come in metamod or sourcemod tars other then the generated metamod.vcf file thing of their website...

Here is how i start the server (works without sourcemod installed and i can connect and play):
./srcds_run -game left4dead2 +ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx +port 27015 -secure

this is what i get on my screen when i start with source mod installed:

[someuser@somehost left4dead2]$ ./srcds_run -game left4dead2 +maxplayers 4 +ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx +port 27015 -secure
WARNING: No map specified! Defaulting to c1m1_hotel
Server will auto-restart if there is a crash.
Running a benchmark to measure system clock frequency...
Finished RDTSC test. To prevent the startup delay from this benchmark, set the environment variable RDTSC_FREQUENCY to 1995.000000 on this system. This value is dependent upon the CPU clock speed and architecture and should be determined separately for each server. The use of this mechanism for timing can be disabled by setting RDTSC_FREQUENCY to 'disabled'.
#Using breakpad minidump system
Using breakpad crash handler
#
#Console initialized.
#Game.dll loaded for "Left 4 Dead 2"
#MissionManager: Mission file "missions/campaign10.txt" has invalid settings for game mode survival
#MissionManager: Mission file "missions/campaign11.txt" has invalid settings for game mode survival
#MissionManager: Mission file "missions/campaign12.txt" has invalid settings for game mode survival
Server is hibernating
ConVarRef test_progression_loop doesn't point to an existing ConVar
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; unable to locate a running instance of Steam, or a local steamclient.dll.
Parent cvar in server.dll not allowed (spit_scaling_min_scale)
Game supporting (2) split screen players
maxplayers set to 18
MissionManager: Mission file "missions/campaign10.txt" has invalid settings for game mode survival
MissionManager: Mission file "missions/campaign11.txt" has invalid settings for game mode survival
MissionManager: Mission file "missions/campaign12.txt" has invalid settings for game mode survival
MissionManager: Mission file "missions/campaign10.txt" has invalid settings for game mode survival
MissionManager: Mission file "missions/campaign11.txt" has invalid settings for game mode survival
MissionManager: Mission file "missions/campaign12.txt" has invalid settings for game mode survival
Looking up breakpad interfaces from steamclient
Calling BreakpadMiniDumpSystemInit
Installing breakpad exception handler for appid(0)/version(4710)
maxplayers set to 18
Unknown command "port"
Unknown command "mat_bloom_scalefactor_scalar"
Network: IP xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, mode MP, dedicated Yes, ports 27015 SV / 0 CL
---- Host_NewGame ----
Host_NewGame on map c1m1_hotel
L 11/17/2011 - 16:405: -------- Mapchange to c1m1_hotel --------

And All I can do is ctrl+c to stop it but I cannot connect and it just sits at the last line.... I'll provide any information I can to help.

BTW if i remove sourcemod I get a successfull start and i can type meta version and get this:

Metamod:Source version 1.9.0-dev
Build ID: 745a451f11f1f4-dev
Loaded As: Valve Server Plugin
Compiled on: Apr 14 2011
Plugin interface version: 15:14
SourceHook version: 5:5
http://www.metamodsource.net/

But if I install source mod i get the above and hang.

Thank you!
mgftw
Old 11-18-2011 , 13:54   Re: Linux l4d2 Help with server not finishing loading
Reply With Quote #2

Do you have SELinux enabled? Can you type as root: setenforce 0

And then try again?
rroginela
Old 11-18-2011 , 21:27   Re: Linux l4d2 Help with server not finishing loading
Reply With Quote #3

WOW!!!! THANK YOU!!!! I know there was a reason I turned off SELinux on all my other boxes :-)!!!!! THank You that did it!
mgftw
Old 11-18-2011 , 22:20   Re: Linux l4d2 Help with server not finishing loading
Reply With Quote #4

np glad to help I had the same thing going on like four L4D2 updates ago, suddenly SELinux didn't work anymore with srcds and I had to disable it myself in order to be able to start the server.

It's not that I care about SELinux since most of my boxes run without it, but still, I think it should be fixed to work with it in case people want to enable it.