This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Rivals of Sm?!?

Post New Thread Reply   

Cr3V3TT3
Old 12-06-2004 , 12:28   Rivals of Sm?!?
Reply With Quote #1

Hi

Hmm... Plugins in this section aren't rivals of SM ?

Because a server admin who takes some plugins in this section like "Mini Admin Dll" or "SAP" don t need to update untill a non-beta (stable) version of Sm.

He will talk to his friends of the plugins who is using, and Sm will not be popular, you are not agree ?

Cr3V3TT3
Send a message via MSN to Cr3V3TT3
BAILOPAN
Old 12-06-2004 , 14:04  
Reply With Quote #2

We encourage coding. Even rivals are welcome - that's what makes the community more diverse.

Also, congrats, you were the first person to ignore my post that says "Only post plugins here".
Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 12-06-2004 , 16:06  
Reply With Quote #3

I don't think anyone would want to compare a project like SM with something someone whiped up over the last coffee break.
usbongteam
Old 12-06-2004 , 18:51  
Reply With Quote #4

I can honestly care less who makes what and for what, all i know is i've backed amxx in my 1.6 days, and i'll do the same for sourcemod and my cs:s days.

it gets the job done
Manip
Old 12-06-2004 , 19:00  
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny got his gun
I don't think anyone would want to compare a project like SM with something someone whiped up over the last coffee break.
I kinda take offence to that. I mean yeah sure, I spent a few days on it but I did work hard.
Send a message via AIM to Manip
Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 12-06-2004 , 19:09  
Reply With Quote #6

Yeah you know, the effort put into each plugin will vary of course. :-] And also, we're here to promote SM, aren't we? :-]
No honestly, if you make a kick ass plugin - wonderful. Personally though I think a project like SM which is more based on a whole community has better odds of taking on. A tight development team sure has it's benefits also, but unless you're OLO I think larger projects are too much work for one guy. Just MO. :-]
Manip
Old 12-06-2004 , 19:13  
Reply With Quote #7

I will admit that I did write SAP not with the intention of being a long-term solution but instead being a quick 'In the space between' plugin. Which isn't a bad thing, the community needs such a plugin. It is functional but not expandable.

If I had been writing it for a long term thing I would have done so in a completely different way.
Send a message via AIM to Manip
BeetleFart
SourceMod Donor
Old 12-06-2004 , 20:33  
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manip
I will admit that I did write SAP not with the intention of being a long-term solution but instead being a quick 'In the space between' plugin. Which isn't a bad thing, the community needs such a plugin. It is functional but not expandable.

If I had been writing it for a long term thing I would have done so in a completely different way.
What he said..applies for me as well.

These are just to help the community and to support SourceMod,
because you were able to get what you needed from SourceMods forums
it helps Sourcemod as well. And my dll doesnt not have the capability of expanding with new plugins like source mod will.