This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Suggested setting in AMX Mod X or third-party plugin.

Post New Thread Reply   

Fiercetree
Old 05-06-2024 , 03:15   Suggested setting in AMX Mod X or third-party plugin.
Reply With Quote #1

I have an ongoing issue on my dedicated CS CZ server that I haven't been able to solve (and I've done all the basic troubleshooting), but want to know if there is some kind of workaround.

Randomly when a map change occurs on my server (any map). The bots AND players will be stuck at their spawn points. They are able to stab or shoot, but cannot move. AMX Mod X 1.9 starts to classify players and bots as afk and boots bots and players then readds the bots per my bot configuration, sometimes. Sometimes the players and bots simply stick to the spawnpoints and are never deemed AFK. Due to this issue, most players leave my server.

A manual change of the map or a server reset resolves the issue but the problem will ultimately reoccur. However, I must make this action and I cannot monitor the server everytime this happens. So, is there some way I can program AMX Mod X to automatically change to a random different map or go to the next map when all or a certain number of players or bots are classified as afk or fail to move from their spawnpoints. Or is there a plugin available regarding this issue? Thanks for any help!

Last edited by Fiercetree; 05-14-2024 at 05:42. Reason: clarity
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 05-06-2024 , 22:23   Re: Suggested setting in AMD Mod X or third-party plugin.
Reply With Quote #2

You need to find out what plugin is causing this. Does it still happen when you're running ONLY default AMX Mod X plugins?
Old 05-07-2024 , 03:25   Re: Suggested setting in AMD Mod X or third-party plugin.
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
You need to find out what plugin is causing this. Does it still happen when you're running ONLY default AMX Mod X plugins?
Yes, I've tried almost everything. I've a tried a third-party automatic unstuck plugin. I've disabled all third-party plugins, I've used both AMX Mod X 1.8.2 and am currently using version 1.9. I've used both PodBot and YAPb (even though I don't think it's an issue with bots, since players are stuck as well). I've also completely removed AMX Mod X and tested, still the same issue. Additionally, I've switched servers to a different region through my server service with a different IP address.

The only thing I haven't done is test server without a bot program. Due to its randomness, I don't really have the time and attention to log into a server alone and wait for the issue to happen.

There are no error messages in the console when the issue happens. So I'm stumped, hence the need for a workaround.

Last edited by Fiercetree; 05-14-2024 at 05:41. Reason: clarity
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 05-07-2024 , 22:56   Re: Suggested setting in AMD Mod X or third-party plugin.
Reply With Quote #4

Is there any reason you can't play without bots?
Old 05-08-2024 , 05:04   Re: Suggested setting in AMD Mod X or third-party plugin.
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
Is there any reason you can't play without bots?
It's a public server and the whole theme of the server is bot-related. I would consider removing them, if the server regularly received a high amount of player traffic. But in the meantime, I'd like to keep them.