This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

No error, the server process is running, but the client does not find the server

Post New Thread Reply   

norbee.16
Old 04-27-2024 , 17:36   No error, the server process is running, but the client does not find the server
Reply With Quote #1

Hello.

I reopened an old server and since it was opened, it freezes sometimes, that is, it doesn't even freeze, only the players themselves lose connection with the server and then it says in the client that it is not available, but the server is still available in webadmin. I have no idea how to fix this. I haven't come across anything like this before.

Image from webadmin and steam server list:

Here are the launch options:

Code:
./hlds_run -pidfile hlds_{{SERVER_PORT}} -game cstrike -{{SRV_SECURE}} +port {{SERVER_PORT}} +sv_lan 0 +maxplayers {{SRV_SLOTS}} +map {{SRV_STARTMAP}} +sys_ticrate {{SYS_TICRATE}} } -pingboost {{SRV_PINGBOOST}} -norestart -console -condebug

And this is how it looks on the server

./hlds_run -pidfile hlds_27005 -game cstrike -secure +port 27005 +sv_lan 0 +maxplayers 15 +map deathrun_fleury_fix2 +sys_ticrate 1200 -pingboost 3 -norestart -console -condebug
However, I also run another server for cs1.6, but there is never such a test problem.

I can also restart the server if I stop it, then I kill it and then it starts, if I simply press restart it just stops the server.

I found this thread but it didn't really help either.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=286553

Last edited by norbee.16; 04-27-2024 at 17:38.
Send a message via MSN to norbee.16 Send a message via Skype™ to norbee.16
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 04-27-2024 , 19:00   Re: No error, the server process is running, but the client does not find the server
Reply With Quote #2

Did you make sure to update your server to the latest version via SteamCMD? Also, I see you have an error from some non-standard plugin, did you try to also do a fresh install of AMX Mod X and then run it without adding any non-default plugins?
Old 04-27-2024 , 20:06   Re: No error, the server process is running, but the client does not find the server
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
Did you make sure to update your server to the latest version via SteamCMD? Also, I see you have an error from some non-standard plugin, did you try to also do a fresh install of AMX Mod X and then run it without adding any non-default plugins?
Yes, I updated it, the only thing with that plugin was that I had to delete the 24 lines, which I forgot. I haven't reinstalled amxmodx yet, but I just tested it for 3 hours without amxmodx with several people. There was no freezing, so the error must be caused by some plugin. Although it is interesting because I have never experienced this before and I have been running servers for a long time.