This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Can someone confirm if SourceMod causes VAC bans or not?

Post New Thread Reply   

RamiroGanso
Old 04-29-2024 , 15:11   Can someone confirm if SourceMod causes VAC bans or not?
Reply With Quote #1

Sorry if this has been asked before but i seriously couldn't find any reasonable responses to this.

Recently i started messing around with hosting my own server for CS:Source using the dedicated server app that i downloaded from steamcmd (It was app id 232330). It worked but the people that tested the server wanted me to download rtv, shops and other plugins that require sourcemod.
I was about to install it when i found out that it can apparently cause VAC bans? Keep in mind, since i don't have any extra computers, i'm running the dedicated server app AND the game on the same computer so im trying to be as careful as possible with things like these.

What i want to know is if it's safe to use SourceMod without getting VAC banned. My dedicated server directory is separate from my CS:Source game folder but im not sure if that's enough to avoid getting VAC'd. Any help would be appreciated!
alasfourom
Old 04-30-2024 , 01:41   Re: Can someone confirm if SourceMod causes VAC bans or not?
Reply With Quote #2

If you are so worried, you can make a virtual computer and install everything in it. You can use like VMware

Last edited by alasfourom; 04-30-2024 at 01:41.
little_froy
Old 04-30-2024 , 03:10   Re: Can someone confirm if SourceMod causes VAC bans or not?
Reply With Quote #3

to launch sourcemod as listenserver or localhost client, you have to add "-insecure" to your launch options, it will disable VAC.
above is unnecessary for dedicated server.

Last edited by little_froy; 04-30-2024 at 03:12.
RamiroGanso
Old 04-30-2024 , 09:11   Re: Can someone confirm if SourceMod causes VAC bans or not?
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_froy View Post
to launch sourcemod as listenserver or localhost client, you have to add "-insecure" to your launch options, it will disable VAC.
above is unnecessary for dedicated server.
Interesting, so if i install sourcemod on my dedicated server directory, i shouldn't have any problems with vac even if im running it on the same pc im playing the game with? I'm very new to hosting so i have no idea what a listen/localhost client is.

Last edited by RamiroGanso; 05-01-2024 at 00:33.
HarryPotter
Veteran Member
Old 05-01-2024 , 10:26   Re: Can someone confirm if SourceMod causes VAC bans or not?
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamiroGanso View Post
My dedicated server directory is separate from my CS:Source game
Then you don't have to worry.

Last edited by HarryPotter; 05-01-2024 at 10:26.