This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Cheating-Death Moderator

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   ALL        Category:   Admin Commands       
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 03-08-2005 , 15:37   Cheating-Death Moderator
Reply With Quote #1

Updated 5/13/05

I made this using ideas from already existing C-D plugins and revamped it to how I wanted it. The way it works is it will let a Non-CD and Old-CD player play on a Non-CD-Required server but once they reach [X] kills and they have greater than or equal to [Y\1] kills then they get flagged as a "cd required" player and then kicked. This plugin will write their steamID to the vault so if they rejoin then they will get kicked again with a message showing a link to the cd website so they will know how to get it. The plugin also gives No-CD and Old-CD players a warning at the start of each round telling them about the starting point and ratio at which they will get watched\kicked. So far so good, I got a bunch of No-CD players to convert and now alot of them are regulars. I noticed the traffic on my server almost died when I made it C-D required so this way you get the best of both worlds.

CVARs:
amx_cdmoderator = turns it on and off, 1 = on, 0 = off (default 1)
amx_kdmax = starting point to watch a player. (default 12)
amx_kdratio = the ratio at which they will get kicked if they exceed. ie. ratio of 2 will kick a player if they get 10 kills and 5 or less deaths. (default 2)

Enjoy
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (cdmoderator.sma - 1059 views - 7.0 KB)
Old 03-08-2005 , 16:30  
Reply With Quote #2

nice idea, had ur problem with traffic too
actually i have a natural selection server running where are only few servers have cd required (i myself dont know any cheats), but its a cool idea and maybe if i feel like turning cd on i will sure using this plugin
Trip~Hazard
Old 03-14-2005 , 02:09  
Reply With Quote #3

Thanks a bunch for this!! My server is overrun by togglers and CD has won the poll of members to implement. My only draw back was there was no working moderator for AMXmodX.....now there is....YAY! I too feared requiring CD and wiping out our population. This is great news.
Proach
Veteran Member
Old 03-14-2005 , 08:04  
Reply With Quote #4

this is a really nice Idea, I have the problem that Hlguard isnt working no my server, and witch cdrequired the server is empty
coujnterstrike players are probably the most lazy people in the world

so I think Im gonna reinstall cd with this plugin
thanks a lot

again

very nice idea !
Send a message via ICQ to Proach
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 03-14-2005 , 20:43  
Reply With Quote #5

Thanks guys

If you can think of any additions or changes that you'd like to see please let me know.
Old 03-14-2005 , 23:10  
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by proach
this is a really nice Idea, I have the problem that Hlguard isnt working no my server, and witch cdrequired the server is empty
coujnterstrike players are probably the most lazy people in the world

so I think Im gonna reinstall cd with this plugin
thanks a lot

again

very nice idea !
HLG will not work on my server either.....you wouldn't happen to rent a Game Daemons box would you? My issues with HLG have without doubt been attibuted solely to Game Daemons....of course they are clueless and could care less about what I am telling them.
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 03-14-2005 , 23:19  
Reply With Quote #7

Doesn't work as in it doesn't catch hackers or doesn't work as in it doesn't load?
Old 03-15-2005 , 00:03  
Reply With Quote #8

This is a very long story concerning HLG, but I will keep it short. It will load and run fine as long as the server is empty. As soon as a few people start to populate the server, at some random point the server will go into a 3-4 minute timeout loop until HLDS crashes and restarts. Its a problem with Game Daemons and the modifications they made to FreeBSD to get more server side FPS. The HLG coders worked on as many as 5 beta binaries trying to help me out.....no dice.
Trip~Hazard
Old 03-15-2005 , 00:05  
Reply With Quote #9

Do these CVARs go in amxx.cfg or server.cfg or are they cvars controlled through console?

CVARs:
amx_cdmoderator = turns it on and off, 1 = on, 0 = off (default 1)
amx_kdmax = starting point to watch a player. (default 12)
amx_kdratio = the ratio at which they will get kicked if they exceed. ie. ratio of 2 will kick a player if they get 10 kills and 5 or less deaths. (default 2)
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 03-15-2005 , 02:05  
Reply With Quote #10

You can set them in console or in your config.