This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

MapChooser Extended 1.10.2 (Updated 2014-02-05)

Post New Thread Reply   

Lukas320
Old 01-06-2015 , 10:02   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.10.2 (Updated 2014-02-05)
Reply With Quote #831

is it possible to change the mapchooser extended pathfile?
As I'm currently using cstrike/mapcycle.txt. Or do I just have to use cstrike/addons/sourcemod/configs/mapchooser_extended/maps/cstrike.txt?

Last edited by Lukas320; 01-06-2015 at 10:03.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-06-2015 , 11:08   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.10.2 (Updated 2014-02-05)
Reply With Quote #832

Quote:
Originally Posted by PersianMG View Post
FIX EDIT: Changing mp_match_end_changelevel to 1 fixed this issue for me. Before, regular mapchooser and this would both do the same thing (as detailed above). So try this change if you have this issue, thanks!
Makes me wonder if I should force this cvar on and the restart cvar off, much like I force CS:GO's internal end map voting off.

Right now I'm not actually doing any editing to MapChooser Extended... instead, I'm adding some fixes into the SourceMod MapChooser for SM 1.7/1.8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas320 View Post
is it possible to change the mapchooser extended pathfile?
As I'm currently using cstrike/mapcycle.txt. Or do I just have to use cstrike/addons/sourcemod/configs/mapchooser_extended/maps/cstrike.txt?
cstrike/addons/sourcemod/configs/mapchooser_extended/maps/cstrike.txt is really only used to mark which maps are custom maps (and thus require downloads). This probably needs to be better documented as most people get confused by this.

MapChooser Extended, Nominations, and Rock the Vote use addons/sourcemod/configs/maplists.cfg to decide which map list to use. Each core plugin that uses this file has its own section, but by default most of them refer back to the "default" target. Note: If you want to change, say... nomination, to use a different file, make sure you change "target" to "file" as well as changing "default" to the location of the list you want to use.

Side note: the default section uses the "mapcyclefile" target, which actually refers to the mapcyclefile cvar. Default value for this cvar is "mapcycle.txt"
Old 01-08-2015 , 20:46   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.10.2 (Updated 2014-02-05)
Reply With Quote #833

Question. In /sourcemod/configs/mapchooser_extended/sounds i only see tf.cfg And i'm guessing that is only for team fortress and will not work for css? or
Azet
Old 01-09-2015 , 11:40   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.10.2 (Updated 2014-02-05)
Reply With Quote #834

Hi Powerlord!
Will this plugin ever be arms race mode compatible? Or how to enable built-in voting for arms race? I'm running this with "normal" maps as well with ar maps.
PersianMG
Old 01-10-2015 , 07:01   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.10.2 (Updated 2014-02-05)
Reply With Quote #835

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
Makes me wonder if I should force this cvar on and the restart cvar off, much like I force CS:GO's internal end map voting off.

Right now I'm not actually doing any editing to MapChooser Extended... instead, I'm adding some fixes into the SourceMod MapChooser for SM 1.7/1.8.
Wouldn't be a bad idea. I initially had no clue what the issue was and stumbled on the solution by chance (tried tweaking a lot of cvars).
demrks
Old 01-11-2015 , 12:41   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.10.2 (Updated 2014-02-05)
Reply With Quote #836

I tested the "Mapchooser Extented" in CS:GO armsrace. Since the default mapchooser plugin doesn't really work for armsrace at all (doesn't show a vote), I tried this plugin and it seems it doesn't work either. No end of the map vote shows for me.

For some weird reason it worked once (for the very first time I tested it) and a vote showed at the very end of armsrace. So even then it showed up pretty late and it had an "Extend the current map" option, which doesn't really makes sense in armsrace? All the other times I tested it, no vote showed up at all though. Not sure what I did differently the first time.

Are there any plans to fix this, so it works for other gamemode/gametypes other than "Casual"?
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-11-2015 , 12:48   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.10.2 (Updated 2014-02-05)
Reply With Quote #837

Quote:
Originally Posted by demrks View Post
I tested the "Mapchooser Extented" in CS:GO armsrace. Since the default mapchooser plugin doesn't really work for armsrace at all (doesn't show a vote), I tried this plugin and it seems it doesn't work either. No end of the map vote shows for me.

For some weird reason it worked once (for the very first time I tested it) and a vote showed at the very end of armsrace. So even then it showed up pretty late and it had an "Extend the current map" option, which doesn't really makes sense in armsrace? All the other times I tested it, no vote showed up at all though. Not sure what I did differently the first time.

Are there any plans to fix this, so it works for other gamemode/gametypes other than "Casual"?
As I mentioned elsewhere, I've been working on the core MapChooser lately instead of MapChooser Extended.

Arms Race support is one of the things I've rewritten for my test version, as the MapChooser Extended version made some bad assumptions (mainly that there was more than one round in Arms Race).

However, its not completely finished as there may need to be additional changes when dealing with Workshop map support... and possibly some bugs worked out in TF2's MvM support.
Old 01-11-2015 , 12:52   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.10.2 (Updated 2014-02-05)
Reply With Quote #838

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
However, its not completely finished as there may need to be additional changes when dealing with Workshop map support... and possibly some bugs worked out in TF2's MvM support.
Ok thanks, If that'll help I can offer to test it on a CS:GO Server as soon as it is finished. Just let me know.
Phaiz
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-13-2015 , 03:26   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.10.2 (Updated 2014-02-05)
Reply With Quote #839

Map isn't auto changing after a successful vote. mp_match_end_changelevel 1 didn't seem to make any difference.

Once rtv is started and a map wins, it only changes to said map after someone types rtv again after the cooldown has expired. Is that working as intended?
Old 01-13-2015 , 09:13   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.10.2 (Updated 2014-02-05)
Reply With Quote #840

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaiz View Post
Map isn't auto changing after a successful vote. mp_match_end_changelevel 1 didn't seem to make any difference.

Once rtv is started and a map wins, it only changes to said map after someone types rtv again after the cooldown has expired. Is that working as intended?
Normally rtv would change the map as soon as the vote finishes. That can be changed via settings, though... what does cfg/sourcemod/rtv.cfg have in it? The values of sm_rtv_changetime and sm_rtv_postvoteaction could both affect this.