This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[L4D2] Bulldozer Certificate

Post New Thread Reply   

jake84
Old 01-15-2012 , 14:57   Re: [L4D2] Bulldozer Certificate
Reply With Quote #61

working, not seen any erors yet
phoenix0001
Old 01-16-2012 , 04:10   Re: [L4D2] Bulldozer Certificate
Reply With Quote #62

Add notice HUD Any news

I come from China, my English is poor
Visual77
Veteran Member
Old 01-26-2012 , 04:41   Re: [L4D2] Bulldozer Certificate
Reply With Quote #63

I was looking at the source. Could you explain the KillCharger bool?
It's there but all it does is setting the bool to false when charge begins and true when charge ends. Wouldn't the plugin just work fine without it?

Last edited by Visual77; 01-26-2012 at 04:56.
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 01-26-2012 , 06:13   Re: [L4D2] Bulldozer Certificate
Reply With Quote #64

Its KillChargerTimer, the name already suggests what it does.

Instead of the backwards approach of keeping a Timer Handle and attempting to close that or overwrite it with a new timer [goddammit invalid Handle errors], the repeating Timer simply keeps running until something sets KillChargerTimer true. Then, the timer kills itself on the next iteration.
Visual77
Veteran Member
Old 01-26-2012 , 11:38   Re: [L4D2] Bulldozer Certificate
Reply With Quote #65

Ok. just thought the method looked a bit weird but if it works, why not

Last edited by Visual77; 01-26-2012 at 11:38.
bubbabyte
Old 03-03-2012 , 15:34   Re: [L4D2] Bulldozer Certificate
Reply With Quote #66

I've been having a big problem with this plugin, in that i'm also using the Self Help by panxiaohai. I'm not sure in which plugin the problem resides, but it's a big one. When you are incapped, and a charger runs over you and is either carrying someone else, or doesn't pick you up, it glitches you and stop you from being able to pick yourself or anyone else up. This has been happening for quite a while now, and it's become more of an exploit with regulars, so they will purposely charger over you if you are incapped to stop your abilities. Is there any way either you or panxiaohai can fix the issue?

I posted this in his thread as well because i'm completely unsure of which plugin is causing the issue.
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 03-04-2012 , 05:54   Re: [L4D2] Bulldozer Certificate
Reply With Quote #67

If it breaks panx' pickup function i'd say the problem (or rather, the fix) is on his side. Of course, what my plugin does is not to be expected from the game either...
Visual77
Veteran Member
Old 08-08-2013 , 08:42   Re: [L4D2] Bulldozer Certificate
Reply With Quote #68

I know it's an old plugin but going to report a thing I noticed over the year.

1. CHARGE_CHECKING_INTERVAL 0.4 will cause pickup fails when standing too close to the incapped survivor before the charge. A value of 0.1 results in almost zero "pickup" fails for me.

2. If you charge a bot, but you slay yourself just after picking him up things will bug out if you switch team immeadtly and you take over the very incapaciated bot you just charged.
The bot will have stetched out arms and can't move. If you stay in that mode until you die, the server crashes. Serious security hole in the plugin unfortunetly.

Last edited by Visual77; 08-08-2013 at 10:29.
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 08-08-2013 , 11:06   Re: [L4D2] Bulldozer Certificate
Reply With Quote #69

Requires ability to slay yourself. Not given to users by default. And you are free to make improvements ;)
Visual77
Veteran Member
Old 08-08-2013 , 15:44   Re: [L4D2] Bulldozer Certificate
Reply With Quote #70

And what if a charger picks up a survivor bot and is killed before the charge ends and at the exact same time a player is joining the survivor team, taking over the survivor bot that was just charged.
I then assume his survivor bot will become stuck and once it dies, the server will crash. If this is true, it does not require the ability to slay at all.

This could probably be tried the following way: Make sure 2 survivors are left and that one is a bot and the other is a real player, incap the survivor bot, spawn a charger, set low
hp on the charger (like 1-3 hp), when you charge the incapped survivor bot, tell your friend to shoot at you - you'll most likely die before the charge even finishes.
At the same time you die you let a 3rd player or yourself take over the incapped survivor bot. If your survivor bot becomes stuck, its a serious problem.

And I did make some improvents like swaping triggertimer to client handles again,
but untill the metioned problem above is fixed I'm not sure if I'm gonna let the plugin run. I did try some alternative methods of unincapping/reincapping but turns out the crash issue is completly
unrelated to that.

Last edited by Visual77; 08-08-2013 at 16:17.