This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Players Votes (v1.5.0) Updated Aug 09 2009

Post New Thread Reply   

DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 06-09-2009 , 18:01   Re: Players Votes (v1.4.1) Updated May 30 2009
Reply With Quote #121

Everytime a ban is added it always says no nickname present in SB.

The Resident
Old 06-17-2009 , 19:46   Re: Players Votes (v1.4.1) Updated May 30 2009
Reply With Quote #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by myelin View Post
Hello,

Would this plugin allow me to assign these vote commands to a certain admin flag? I'd like to make it where only donors with the "a" flag have access to the votes.

Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbtc971 View Post
I was about to ask for something similar, can you set this so that only clan members have access to it? I'd like our clan member the chance to voteban someone out if there are no admins around. Or a cvar so only admins can start a vote?
Not currently. Is this something that the stock basevotes plugin can provide, given that your groups are setup properly? You could give your clan group the stock sm_voteban privilege.
The Resident
Old 06-17-2009 , 19:49   Re: Players Votes (v1.4.1) Updated May 30 2009
Reply With Quote #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontWannaName View Post
Everytime a ban is added it always says no nickname present in SB.
Do you have an example of that I could see?

As of the last time I investigated PV and SB interaction, if the player was not connected at the time that the ban takes effect, the nickname shows up in the ban reason.
The Resident
Old 06-17-2009 , 20:03   Re: Players Votes
Reply With Quote #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripture View Post
votemap opt-out vs opt-in
Still haven't forgotten about this one. It's a little more complicated than it appears on the surface. I'm pretty much going to skip doing this for ban/kick/mute, but because there historically seems to be interest in some kind of automated votemap feature, I might add something special only for votemap here, and have a single CVAR to control it. The same essential feature might finally enable an automated time-based end-of-map.

Man this plugin is getting huge...
Ripture
Old 06-19-2009 , 20:21   Re: Players Votes
Reply With Quote #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Resident View Post
Still haven't forgotten about this one. It's a little more complicated than it appears on the surface. I'm pretty much going to skip doing this for ban/kick/mute, but because there historically seems to be interest in some kind of automated votemap feature, I might add something special only for votemap here, and have a single CVAR to control it. The same essential feature might finally enable an automated time-based end-of-map.

Man this plugin is getting huge...
Absolutely! That was what I was getting at: to only have this "special" case for votemap. Ignoring a vote entirely in the cases of mute, ban and kick is acceptable. This just means you don't have a say in the matter. Maps, on the other hand, each player should care about at least enough to close the vote instead of choosing a new map or choosing the extend the current map.

And if you do just add a CVar to enable or disable the new behavior, people preferring this way as well as the old way can both be happy.
Duchu
Old 06-21-2009 , 09:24   Re: Players Votes (v1.4.1) Updated May 30 2009
Reply With Quote #126

Is it possible to set cvars for one team only? For example, I'd like to set sm_votemute_ratio "0.60", but only 60% of terrorist/ct (currently its 60% of whole server).
My Exception
Old 06-21-2009 , 17:24   Re: Players Votes (v1.4.1) Updated May 30 2009
Reply With Quote #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Resident View Post
Not currently. Is this something that the stock basevotes plugin can provide, given that your groups are setup properly? You could give your clan group the stock sm_voteban privilege.
It does, but your plugin supports SB and the base doesn't report to it. If someone could add an admin flag that would be great.

Great plugin!
biffsbiz
Old 06-22-2009 , 06:10   Re: Players Votes (v1.4.1) Updated May 30 2009
Reply With Quote #128

It seems that the VOTEMAP times out when someone is reviewing the list while voting. It may be set to 60 seconds or something. Can we add a CVAR to set the vote time out?
FrozenHaxor
Old 06-23-2009 , 07:16   Re: Players Votes (v1.4.1) Updated May 30 2009
Reply With Quote #129

Quote:
sm_votemute_minimum - minimum votes required for successful votemute, -1 for disable votemap
The Resident
Old 06-24-2009 , 21:38   Re: Players Votes (v1.4.1) Updated May 30 2009
Reply With Quote #130

Thanks for the patience everyone! Just a quick status update:

Ripture - Still working it.

Duchu - That's a great idea. I will definitely investigate it.

My Exception, et al - There seems to be some demand for this admin-only feature, although it really defeats the purpose of the whole plugin, which is to give all players the ability to vote at will. I'll investigate it, but I make no promises.

biffsbiz - Yes, that's a bug. I will fix it and add a CVAR to control it.

FrozenHaxor - oops. Fixed.