This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Players Votes (v1.5.0) Updated Aug 09 2009

Post New Thread Reply   

u235
Old 12-07-2008 , 02:11   Re: Players Votes (v1.2.6) Updated Sep 1 2008
Reply With Quote #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atreus View Post
Any chance of you adding VoteMute to this?
I too would love to have a votemute command available to players. *votes for votemute*
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 12-13-2008 , 05:53   Re: Players Votes (v1.2.6) Updated Sep 1 2008
Reply With Quote #42

Does this come with SB support. It would be nice so that when someone gets votebanned it shows as Votebanned player for reason or by whom in SB online.

The Resident
Old 12-26-2008 , 19:11   Re: Players Votes (v1.2.6) Updated Sep 1 2008
Reply With Quote #43

Okay, long time, no nothing... again.

Here's what's going into 1.2.7 so far: Hungarian translation (thanks KhyrOO!), clarifying that times are in seconds - not minutes, a few minor bugfixes.

I will look into votemute, though, and if it looks like it'll be simple to add, I may do that.

DontWannaName, there is currently no Sourcebans support. In fact, I didn't even know what it was until you asked - ha, shows how much I keep up to date. I'll look into that.
The Resident
Old 12-26-2008 , 19:15   Re: Players Votes (v1.2.6) Updated Sep 1 2008
Reply With Quote #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by sessus View Post
Hey The Resident,

any chance you'd be able to add an additional cvar that specifies home many times a player can voteban/votekick/voteman per map/round? Some players seem to exploit the plugin by votebanning everyone on the server or votebanning the same person numerous times per round, generating a significant amount spam on the server.

cheers,
sessus
Oo interesting. I will look into adding spam suppression and helpful vote limits.
The Resident
Old 12-27-2008 , 13:24   Re: Players Votes (v1.2.6) Updated Sep 1 2008
Reply With Quote #45

Update:

Okay, I'm going to skip 1.2.7 and go straight to 1.3.0. There's finally going to be a fix for a long-standing exploit, and in the process of getting fixed, it's become less of a memory hog.

Will have Hungarian translation.

Will have minor bugfixes for when voting is disabled.

Will allow admins to specify per-player, per-map voting limits.

Will incorporate votemute! Turns out to be a fairly straightforward addition.

On all vote menus, selections that already have votes for them are now at the top of the menu.

Still investigating SB.

Last edited by The Resident; 12-27-2008 at 22:40. Reason: votemute will be in 1.3.0
donmega
Old 12-28-2008 , 08:44   Re: Players Votes (v1.2.6) Updated Sep 1 2008
Reply With Quote #46

Hey, can someone help me. I installed the plugin but it doesnt work at all. I had a full server yesterday and had many people try it but it doesnt work at all. Nothing happens when a command is typed in
The Resident
Old 12-28-2008 , 20:20   Re: Players Votes (v1.2.6) Updated Sep 1 2008
Reply With Quote #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by donmega View Post
Hey, can someone help me. I installed the plugin but it doesnt work at all. I had a full server yesterday and had many people try it but it doesnt work at all. Nothing happens when a command is typed in
I've seen that happen if the playersvotes translations file either isn't installed or is really out of date. Double-check to make sure you have the latest version of plugin.playersvotes.txt in the addons/sourcemod/translations directory.

If that checks out, make sure that SM actually loaded the plugin. (via "sm plugins list")
The Resident
Old 12-29-2008 , 04:48   Re: Players Votes (v1.3.0) Updated Dec 29 2008
Reply With Quote #48

1.3.0 is out. Easily the biggest change is the voteban overhaul. Let me know if you run into any problems with it.
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 12-29-2008 , 06:55   Re: Players Votes (v1.3.0) Updated Dec 29 2008
Reply With Quote #49

Im all updated, dont forget to make sure it compiles with 1.1 This all adds to the admin menu properly with vote mute? I will have to test later!

Last edited by DontWannaName; 12-29-2008 at 07:00.
The Resident
Old 12-29-2008 , 19:36   Re: Players Votes (v1.3.0) Updated Dec 29 2008
Reply With Quote #50

Yup, it works with SM 1.0.3 and 1.1.0.

It does not interact with the admin menu. However, an admin can use the existing menu to unmute a player that was votemuted... but it's a little glitchy because first they would have to command a mute then do an unmute. (basecomm, like playersvotes, maintains its own internal idea of who's muted)

But looking at it a little closer, it would be pretty easy to have playersvotes issue sm_mute commands, which automatically integrates with the admin menu. I'll try that.