This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Grenade throwing animation

Post New Thread Reply   

SubFive
Old 12-31-2005 , 01:09   Grenade throwing animation
Reply With Quote #1

Is there anyway to trigger a grenade throwing animation? For example, in a plugin I'm testing, I'd like it to act exactly as if I was throwing a grenade when I press whatever button is bound to "throw".
v3x
Veteran Member
Old 12-31-2005 , 01:19  
Reply With Quote #2

This is what I did:
Code:
public client_PreThink( id ) {   // check some vars first and whatnot..   set_animation(id, 2); } public set_animation( id, seq ) {   entity_set_int(id, EV_INT_weaponanim, seq);   message_begin(MSG_ONE, SVC_WEAPONANIM, {0,0,0}, id);   write_byte(seq);   write_byte(entity_get_int(id, EV_INT_body));   message_end(); }
In this case the sequence # for the grenade throwing animation is 2.
What am I doing these days? Well, I run my own Rust server. It's heavily modded. If you'd like to join, the ip is 167.114.101.67:28116

I also created a website called Rust Tools. It will calculate and tell you the raw amounts of resources needed to craft items.
SubFive
Old 12-31-2005 , 01:20  
Reply With Quote #3

Looks good, thanks!
SubFive
Old 12-31-2005 , 02:08  
Reply With Quote #4

Tested it out, and it didnt go quite as planned. Maybe it was because of how I made the script to test it out. I gave myself enough money and the animation looked very weird with guns out, although that might be expected as its not a nade, and thats the animation I'm trying to do. So I gave my self a nade and then enough money to trigger it. Looked funky, I dont think that was how it was suppose to work. Any ideas?

Code:
#include <amxmodx> #include <cstrike> #include <engine> public client_PreThink(id) {     new money = cs_get_user_money(id);     if(money > 5000)     {         set_animation(id, 2);     } } public set_animation( id, seq ) {     entity_set_int(id, EV_INT_weaponanim, seq);     message_begin(MSG_ONE, SVC_WEAPONANIM, {0,0,0}, id);     write_byte(seq);     write_byte(entity_get_int(id, EV_INT_body));     message_end(); }
v3x
Veteran Member
Old 12-31-2005 , 02:20  
Reply With Quote #5

Hmm.. Check if they have a nade out first and holding the attack button:
Code:
public client_PreThink(id) {     new money = cs_get_user_money(id);     new clip, ammo, weapid = get_user_weapon(id, clip, ammo);     new button = get_user_button(id);     if((weapid == 4 || weapid == 9 || weapid == 25) && button&IN_ATTACK && money > 5000)     {         set_animation(id, 2);     } }
What am I doing these days? Well, I run my own Rust server. It's heavily modded. If you'd like to join, the ip is 167.114.101.67:28116

I also created a website called Rust Tools. It will calculate and tell you the raw amounts of resources needed to craft items.
SubFive
Old 12-31-2005 , 02:40  
Reply With Quote #6

The thing is, I want this animation to be able to happen (correctly ) regardless of what the user is currently holding, wether it be a gun, nade, or shield, etc.
v3x
Veteran Member
Old 12-31-2005 , 02:44  
Reply With Quote #7

Then you will have to set the model to the grenade one for all weaps

SubFive
Old 12-31-2005 , 02:49  
Reply With Quote #8

So basically that means its not doable? A little tired, sorry if I dont understand everything at first. What I think you just told me is that basically the animation wont work unless a grenade is at hand, so in that case, could I quickly switch the users weapon from whatever it is to any grenade the user has in his inventory, do the animation, and then switch back to the gun?
v3x
Veteran Member
Old 12-31-2005 , 03:06  
Reply With Quote #9

Code:
if(user_has_weapon(id, CSW_HEGRENADE)) {   engclient_cmd(id, "weapon_hegrenade");   // set animation   set_task(1.5, "revert_back", id); // change 1.5 to the length of the animation }
Code:
public revert_back( id ) {   client_cmd(id, "lastinv"); // or w/e is bound to the 'q' key .. }
Not 100% sure it'll work but w/e, I'm tired

SubFive
Old 12-31-2005 , 03:14  
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by v3x
Code:
engclient_cmd(id, "weapon_hegrenade");
Wouldn't this actually make the person throw the grenade, instead of just doing the animation?