This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.8.1

Post New Thread Reply   

JackieChan
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-02-2010 , 03:30   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.8.1
Reply With Quote #511

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenToh View Post
Edit:
I attatched a modified version of l4d2_WeaponUnlock,now it precaches the cs knife and the m60.
It precaches them, but looking through the code it doesn't spawn them in.

I did several trials and the m60 (the one I care about) won't spawn in because the plugin isn't telling it to.
DarrenToh
Old 05-02-2010 , 04:56   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.8.1
Reply With Quote #512

It precaches the knife and m60,end editing the server.dll spawns the knife.
You can use gun control to spawn the m60.
95trane
Old 05-03-2010 , 01:50   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.8.1
Reply With Quote #513

Awwwww, i noticed that the baseball bat will no longer spawn :'(
Ever since i got the dlc "the passing," the baseball bat no longer spawns, but it can still work if i use the "give" command. Before i got the update, the bat worked flawlessly, but once I did, the baseball bat no longer spawned. It wouldn't even spawn in single player. Before, all i had to do was go into single player(baseball bat worked no prob, both spawning and using), quit, then create my game and the bats would be there all ready to go; but once i updated, i had to use the give command just to get the bat. Any idea on what might be wrong?
JackieChan
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-03-2010 , 02:38   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.8.1
Reply With Quote #514

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95trane View Post
Ever since i got the dlc "the passing," the baseball bat no longer spawns, but it can still work if i use the "give" command. Before i got the update, the bat worked flawlessly, but once I did, the baseball bat no longer spawned. It wouldn't even spawn in single player. Before, all i had to do was go into single player(baseball bat worked no prob, both spawning and using), quit, then create my game and the bats would be there all ready to go; but once i updated, i had to use the give command just to get the bat. Any idea on what might be wrong?
It's something Valve did.
DarrenToh
Old 05-03-2010 , 02:59   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.8.1
Reply With Quote #515

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95trane View Post
It still sapwns. Valve removed the chance for melee weapons to spawn in the safehouse dratically, thats why we have a plugin for this.
Melee in the safehouse.
Do note that spawning the baseball bat with this plugin might cause some bugs, like hunter arms.
Jehuty
Old 05-04-2010 , 02:49   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.8.1
Reply With Quote #516

I noticed this plugin crashes my server when anyone tries to join it (if the server is in console mode, in GUI mode all works fine). I wrote about it already here, and that's what Crimson Fox replied . So as I had found out, the exact line that causes the server to to crash is ForceChangeLevel(Map, "Hidden weapon initialization.") (line #113). So can someone prompt me some other command for map changing that can be used in that line instead of "ForceChangeLevel"? I know that almost all people using this plugin don't experience this kind of problem at all, but for me it's very uncomfortable since I have to run the server in GUI mode only and restart it manually each time it crashes.
Come on guys, I don't think it's a hard question.

Thanks for your help beforehand!

Last edited by Jehuty; 05-04-2010 at 03:14.
Gurluas
Old 05-04-2010 , 16:25   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.8.1
Reply With Quote #517

Hard Rain 3 also crashes.
dismomen
Old 05-04-2010 , 19:54   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.8.1
Reply With Quote #518

i'm using an old version of the plugin, which has the baseball bat option l4d2_wu_bat.

it works perfectly fine on listenserver, bats will spawn few seconds after map loaded. however when i use the same plugin on dedicated server, the bats do spawn, but not everytime. sometimes i need to do a sm_restartmap then the bats will spawn. or even restartmap a few times before the bats show up.

any idea why?? on listen is working perfectly fine. what is wrong with the dedicated?? my addons/cfg files are exactly the same
Skorpion1976
Veteran Member
Old 05-04-2010 , 20:11   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.8.1
Reply With Quote #519

last version continuosly crashes my win srcds on map change. Nothing wrong in the sm logs. I had to take it off unfortunately.
Shado
Old 05-04-2010 , 22:55   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.8.1
Reply With Quote #520

OK, what am I doing wrong?

Everything worked fine before "The Passing" was released and I had to disable my plugins.

I've since updated both Source and Metamod and have tried a half dozen versions of the WeaponUnlock.smx...

While L4D2 will run, the CSS weapons do not spawn.

The rest of you seem to be able to run the mod just fine. What could I be over looking?

I have the .smx in both .../left4dead2/cfg/sourcemod/

and

.../left4dead2/addons/sourcemod/plugins/

(mostly because I couldn't remember where it went previously)

I'm at a loss right now as to why this isn't working for me now.