This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Quake Sounds

Post New Thread Reply   

Antithasys
Old 03-06-2009 , 16:43   Re: Quake Sounds
Reply With Quote #521

I have decided to take over this plugin. I will be developing a new version of this plugin to use a lot of new features that were not available when it was originally written, like client preferences.

Feature requests for the new version can be made at the project's development site: http://projects.mytf2.com/projects/show/simple-plugins

If you have suggestions, make sure you stop by and add an issue as a feature request. We are currently in the design process so feature request should be made now!

When you think about asking a question... consider what have you tried?
shustas
SourceMod Donor
Old 03-07-2009 , 07:22   Re: Quake Sounds
Reply With Quote #522

Well, the idea for you then, dont save all clients preferences. You got default ones, so save to file only those different from default settings. Will be easier on the server load. Thank you
Old 03-07-2009 , 14:49   Re: Quake Sounds
Reply With Quote #523

Ty Devs , this works great for me!
Roel
Old 03-09-2009 , 09:07   Re: Quake Sounds
Reply With Quote #524

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithasys View Post
I have decided to take over this plugin. I will be developing a new version of this plugin to use a lot of new features that were not available when it was originally written, like client preferences.

Feature requests for the new version can be made at the project's development site: http://projects.mytf2.com/projects/show/simple-plugins

If you have suggestions, make sure you stop by and add an issue as a feature request. We are currently in the design process so feature request should be made now!

Hey thank you for updating/upgrading this plugin
At the moment its not working for the mod INSURGENCY with source and meta mod installed.
I have checked your plugin management website, but I couldnt add someting in there for this plugin.
Antithasys
Old 03-10-2009 , 02:12   Re: Quake Sounds
Reply With Quote #525

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roel View Post
Hey thank you for updating/upgrading this plugin
At the moment its not working for the mod INSURGENCY with source and meta mod installed.
I have checked your plugin management website, but I couldnt add someting in there for this plugin.
You can. Its a part of the Simple Sourcemod Plugins project. The version is available as well as the category. It was added a few days ago and we mite have just missed each other with the updates.

When you think about asking a question... consider what have you tried?
Roel
Old 03-11-2009 , 08:05   Re: Quake Sounds
Reply With Quote #526

You can expect all my support
We can help you testing in hl2dm and Insurgency
I am a complete noob at developping, but I can help with Testing and reporting errors

Also Dutch, Fench, Norsk Translations
Faust_mateo
Old 03-16-2009 , 13:05   Re: Quake Sounds
Reply With Quote #527

Is there anyway to increase the number of sound commands shown on the menu list ? Maybe substitute alphabet letters instead of numbers ? I'm not sure how it would be done.
naris
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-16-2009 , 14:40   Re: Quake Sounds
Reply With Quote #528

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faust_mateo View Post
Is there anyway to increase the number of sound commands shown on the menu list ? Maybe substitute alphabet letters instead of numbers ? I'm not sure how it would be done.
No, the valve engine only supports a limited number of options in a single menu and they must be indexed by digits.

However, multi page menus are possible as can be seen in the saysounds plugin, or the standard pick a map or vote for a map options in the sourcemod admin menu, among other places.
naris
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-16-2009 , 15:22   Re: Quake Sounds
Reply With Quote #529

I have modified the quakesounds plugin to support additional sounds in TF2 (for deaths due to rocket, critrocket, train and drowned) and delayed the precaching of sounds until they are actually required.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (quakesounds.sp - 561 views - 34.2 KB)

Last edited by naris; 03-16-2009 at 15:24.
Faust_mateo
Old 03-16-2009 , 16:07   Re: Quake Sounds
Reply With Quote #530

Quote:
Originally Posted by naris View Post
No, the valve engine only supports a limited number of options in a single menu and they must be indexed by digits.

However, multi page menus are possible as can be seen in the saysounds plugin, or the standard pick a map or vote for a map options in the sourcemod admin menu, among other places.
Cool, ty