This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

FakeFull v1.6.1 (FreeCode)

Post New Thread Reply   

jtp10181
Veteran Member
Old 06-03-2004 , 12:27   FakeFull v1.6.1 (FreeCode)
Reply With Quote #1

version 1.6.1 Date: 06/03/2004
Author: Freecode [email protected]

Ported to AMXx by: jtp10181 <[email protected]>
Homepage: http://www.jtpage.net

Based on OLO's FakeFull metamod plugin. Fake clients connect to the server when its empty. Everytime someone joins and there is no more spots left for another person one fake client is removed. When the server is empty and [AMX] FakeFull is on Automatic mode it will add a fake client. Once the # of fake clients and real players equals to amx_ff_players it will stop.

Changelog:

v1.6.1 - JTP
  • Fixed bug that could get server stuck in an infinite loop
  • Fixed bug that caused dupe names sometimes
v1.6 - JTP
  • Ported to AMXx
  • Fixed mem leak/overflow bug caused by some of my code
  • Fixed bugs where it was not removing the fakes automatically
  • Rewrote a lot of the createBot function to make it more effecient and less likely to cause mem overflows from looping
  • Fixed bugs when setting the max_names higher.
  • Must have the botnames.cfg now, no defaults are embedded in the script
  • Fixed bug where playnames array was 1000 length for the names, made plugin huge.
v1.5
  • Custom names and reading names from botnames.cfg

Below v1.6 was maintained by FreeCode

-------------

Yeah I know Freecode said hes going to rewrite this module. But I finally got it working on AMXx and I figured people could use this till freecode finishes his rewrite.

MUST use a config file names botnames.cfg in the AMXx configs folder with a list of names. One name per line, up to the max names set in the source. Default max names is 256 which should be plenty for any normal person.
It will choose the names at random and should not use the same name twice unless it runs out of names to pick from.
Attached Files
File Type: zip fakefull_1.6.1_package.zip (17.9 KB, 966 views)
Veteran Member
Old 06-03-2004 , 14:43  
Reply With Quote #2

nice.
Can i ask what mods it has been tested on.
Veteran Member
Old 06-03-2004 , 14:52  
Reply With Quote #3

FreeCode said he was goin to convert all his things this month, he will most likely asked to have this removed he is waiting for the new API system that .20 will be using before he does it.

jtp10181
Veteran Member
Old 06-03-2004 , 16:53  
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
nice.
Can i ask what mods it has been tested on.
CS only, it has no mod specific code so it should not have problems on other mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaller
FreeCode said he was goin to convert all his things this month, he will most likely asked to have this removed he is waiting for the new API system that .20 will be using before he does it.
Oh well.... I just wanted to post what I had done, I did it for a client so it was getting done regardless of postiong it on here. I just figured I would share this for people until Freecode releases his updated version. I have no prob with this being deleted once he releases his version for AMXx.
Old 06-04-2004 , 08:08  
Reply With Quote #5

his plugin is bad anyway so it doesnt matter
kingpin
Veteran Member
Old 06-04-2004 , 08:21  
Reply With Quote #6

yeah sorry bro didnt wor too well, one server with a few plugins crashes repeatedly, and a stock amxx server was about 10 seconds lagged with frequesnt crashes.
Old 06-04-2004 , 08:26  
Reply With Quote #7

poop oh well i guess time to wait for freecode one
jtp10181
Veteran Member
Old 06-04-2004 , 10:31  
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin
yeah sorry bro didnt wor too well, one server with a few plugins crashes repeatedly, and a stock amxx server was about 10 seconds lagged with frequesnt crashes.
what version did you use? Shortly after a released 1.6 I found a bug that could in some cases cause an infinite loop and stall the server. In 1.6.1 it should be fixed. Had it running on a real server since yesterday and its working fine still.
Old 06-05-2004 , 17:04  
Reply With Quote #9

I tried this with the old metamod on a deathmatch server and it did not work. However it did work on my other server with the new metamod but without Deathmatch. I dunno which one is the problem. I will try it again later when the server empties and let you know.
Old 06-06-2004 , 05:10  
Reply With Quote #10

Is it this the correct path for the config file?
/cstrike/addons/amxx/configs/botnames.cfg
I have only unnamed, (1)unnamed, (2)unnamed connected