This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

TF2 - How to check if a player is in the spawn room

Post New Thread Reply   

Afronanny
Veteran Member
Old 05-30-2010 , 20:03   TF2 - How to check if a player is in the spawn room
Reply With Quote #1

Does anyone know of a [not-hardcoded-coordinates] way to check whether or not a player is in the spawn room or not?

Last edited by Afronanny; 05-30-2010 at 20:51.
Kevin_b_er
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-30-2010 , 21:28   Re: TF2 - How to check if a player is in the spawn room
Reply With Quote #2

You could try to calculate a set of bounding boxs that correspond to func_respawnroom.

How are these brush entities calculated as being internal vs external? Good question.

Alternatively, if we believe bl4nk and pheadxdll, then around September of last year there was a CFuncRespawnRoom :: PointIsWithin(Vector const&) function which could be used to test if a point were within a given func_respawnroom entity.

The signature for it given in http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=102731 may no longer be valid and is not part of that extension so it was likely not maintained.
Old 05-30-2010 , 21:55   Re: TF2 - How to check if a player is in the spawn room
Reply With Quote #3

Better yet, came across this static function while creating the buildings extension:

PointInRespawnRoom(CBaseEntity *, Vector const&)

It loops through all the respawn rooms and checks them. But it's probably easier to just write that code, instead of having to lookup and maintain a signature to call.

Last edited by pheadxdll; 05-30-2010 at 21:59.
Afronanny
Veteran Member
Old 05-30-2010 , 22:19   Re: TF2 - How to check if a player is in the spawn room
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheadxdll View Post
Better yet, came across this static function while creating the buildings extension:

PointInRespawnRoom(CBaseEntity *, Vector const&)

It loops through all the respawn rooms and checks them. But it's probably easier to just write that code, instead of having to lookup and maintain a signature to call.
I'm going to try to write a stock for this, but do you know what the CBaseEntity * parameter is for? I'm assuming Vector const& is the point we want to see is in the spawn room or not.
Weenie
Old 01-20-2012 , 19:48   Re: TF2 - How to check if a player is in the spawn room
Reply With Quote #5

I'm aware this is a huge necropost, but I'm also trying to write something which checks for players in respawn rooms. I can't say I have a huge amount of experience writing SourcePawn (I learn mostly by reading examples of others' work) so if someone could please explain how I'd use "PointInRespawnRoom(CBaseEntity *, Vector const&)" I'd be very grateful.