This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Counter Strike Source server on 2 core?

Post New Thread Reply   

blue zebra
BANNED
Old 12-12-2011 , 05:08   Counter Strike Source server on 2 core?
Reply With Quote #1

Hi.
Can i running on my server machine, one CSS server from 2 cores well, on my server machine? How?
Now if i trying to do that, the 2 cores works but the load jumping between on the two cores. When core1 = 100% then core2 = 0% and vice versa.
I was try the -threads 2 command in the start file, but nothing.

Last edited by blue zebra; 12-12-2011 at 05:08.
NouveauJoueur
SourceMod Donor
Old 12-15-2011 , 04:30   Re: Counter Strike Source server on 2 core?
Reply With Quote #2

It may interest you :

Originally Posted by BehaartesEtwas :
Quote:
srcds has multiple threads, in fact since the orangebox update it has a dedicated thread to handle incoming traffic. this is very important to happen fast, even while the server is busy with calculating a new world snapshot. therefore it is always useful to allow srcds to use at least 2 cores. this can also help, if you host as many (or even more) servers than you have cores, because the cpu load of srcds is kind of "spiked" (once per frame it does a lot of calculations for a short time but then sleeps until the next frame).

on the other hand: multithreading does not indeed help you, if you plan to host large servers on slow multi-core cpus. almost all cpu ultilisation happens within one thread. so srcds does not actually balance between cpus. if one core is too slow for a fluent game play, assigning more cores to the process will not really help (unless you are only very close to the limit).
Source