This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

MM:S 2.0

Post New Thread Reply   

Sdg
BANNED
Old 03-18-2014 , 01:23   MM:S 2.0
Reply With Quote #1

I have seen the MetaMod:Source v2.0.0, for use with SourceMod v2.0.1 for somewhere but I can not find

Last edited by Sdg; 03-18-2014 at 01:24.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 03-18-2014 , 02:11   Re: MM:S 2.0
Reply With Quote #2

1.11.0-dev is the latest version of MM:S that exists - also, the sourcemod-experimental (2.0) builds shouldn't be used, they're extremely out of date compared to the current development and stable branches.
Old 03-18-2014 , 12:51   Re: MM:S 2.0
Reply With Quote #3

Thanks, however I would like to test it, you could leave me the link?
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-19-2014 , 11:49   Re: MM:S 2.0
Reply With Quote #4

I'm not aware of a MetaMod: Source 2.0, but you can find the SourceMod 2.0 builds in the Experimental section of SourceMod.

Keep in mind that nothing has been done on this since late 2012 and SourcePawn 2.0 (which is the reason to use SM2.0) wasn't finalized even then.

From here, it appears that the project is dead and won't be resurrected anytime soon:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAILOPAN View Post
vodka00: A direct question deserves a direct response! At the moment I'm not actively working on SP2/SM2. I have two rambling explanations for this...

I had said from day one that SP2 could never be a one-man project. The scope is just too large. I'd have to (1) drastically reduce the scope or (2) quit my job to make consistent progress (that or give up IRL activies that I really enjoy). My hope had been that, if I were to bring the language to a testable state, others would start to help out. That never happened - so either I wasn't able to bring it to a critical mass, or no one cares enough

I'm fine with that. It was worth trying.

The second explanation is that SourceMod is quite old. Borja, Scott, and I started it seven years ago. The architecture is really, really tied to SP1. At work, I spend a huge amount of time fighting with old, fussy architectures. It's not fun. Engineers want to make shiny new stuff. New stuff is faster and works better. The shackles of compatibility weigh heavily on SP2. At first I thought that would make it better, but in reality, it felt really tiring to hack around and rewrite fundamentally broken aspects of SourceMod internals.

That's not to say SourceMod is bad. It has very solid integration with SP1, lots of features, and it's very fast. But maybe a new language is not in its future without scrapping everything and starting again.

Last edited by Powerlord; 03-19-2014 at 11:52.
Sdg
BANNED
Old 03-23-2014 , 12:23   Re: MM:S 2.0
Reply With Quote #5

Thank you!