This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Module: Orpheu (v2.6.3)

Post New Thread Reply   

Seta00
The Seta00 user has crashed.
Old 02-11-2010 , 20:06   Re: Module: Orpheu2.1 (Change max money and weapon slots in the end of the thread :D
Reply With Quote #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
The European Union has copyright laws and Portugal is part of the European Union.
Sorry fysiks, check my post again: "no DMCA copyright laws" on European Union. That's why European torrent sites survive til today but sharing services settled on the U.S. are history.
Seta00
Old 02-11-2010 , 20:28   Re: Module: Orpheu2.1 (Plugin to change server slots in the end of the thread)
Reply With Quote #132

@joaquimandrade
I'm right now fixing some warnings on Orpheu's compilation, and I've seen one thing I see really often on C++ code: including all the needed files on the headers rather than on the cpp's. Include a file on the header if, and only if, you need the full definition of that type. If you don't, you can always declare them on the header.
joaquimandrade
Veteran Member
Old 02-11-2010 , 20:38   Re: Module: Orpheu2.1 (Plugin to change server slots in the end of the thread)
Reply With Quote #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seta00 View Post
@joaquimandrade
I'm right now fixing some warnings on Orpheu's compilation, and I've seen one thing I see really often on C++ code: including all the needed files on the headers rather than on the cpp's. Include a file on the header if, and only if, you need the full definition of that type. If you don't, you can always declare them on the header.
Including files when you don't need them to be included is useless and makes their content available on unwanted scopes.

Also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diamond_problem
Last paragraph

Edit:

I think I got you wrong. You mean that I should include less files in the headers? Give me one example.

Last edited by joaquimandrade; 02-11-2010 at 20:41.
Seta00
Old 02-11-2010 , 20:41   Re: Module: Orpheu2.1 (Plugin to change server slots in the end of the thread)
Reply With Quote #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by joaquimandrade View Post
Including files when you don't need them to be included is useless and makes their content available on unwanted scopes
That's what I mean. Sorry if I wasn't clear. You include for example boost/filesystem/operations.hpp on filesManager.h, but you should include it on filesManager.cpp. This way you keep the namespace clear. And that isn't a diamond problem.

EDIT: Example ^

Last edited by Seta00; 02-11-2010 at 20:48.
joaquimandrade
Veteran Member
Old 02-11-2010 , 20:57   Re: Module: Orpheu2.1 (Plugin to change server slots in the end of the thread)
Reply With Quote #135

Quote:
That's what I mean. Sorry if I wasn't clear. You include for example boost/filesystem/operations.hpp on filesManager.h, but you should include it on filesManager.cpp.
Yes I'm aware of why its better. This module ended up more complex than what was initially planned and I kept adding features and the code didn't end up as clean as I wanted it to be.

(I talked about diamond problems as a complement to why not in the headers is best)

Last edited by joaquimandrade; 02-11-2010 at 21:00.
Seta00
Old 02-11-2010 , 21:00   Re: Module: Orpheu2.1 (Plugin to change server slots in the end of the thread)
Reply With Quote #136

I understand you 100%. I'll keep optimizing while I read it. When I finish reading I can send you my version. I'll start to feed a changelog. Any plans on the module right now?
joaquimandrade
Veteran Member
Old 02-11-2010 , 21:10   Re: Module: Orpheu2.1 (Plugin to change server slots in the end of the thread)
Reply With Quote #137

Quote:
I understand you 100%. I'll keep optimizing while I read it. When I finish reading I can send you my version. I'll start to feed a changelog. Any plans on the module right now?
To make everything more according with the principles of how the module work I had planned that the conversion of types could be made via sub plugins. Like, you want a structure or any other type to be added, instead of adding to the module code it would be nicer to make a sub plugin and just put in a folder. Problems with that would be that for example in structures you would have to identify the types of its members with a string and it sucks. I don't know of a better way.

Also, I want to add support for every dll that loads on your pc. For example, I tried windows api functions to read the battery power of pc and it is nice to control that with amx but, I dont know of a way to detect the loading of libraries. I created this thread btw, http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=118140

And of course a remake and possible rethink on natives.
Old 02-12-2010 , 06:05   Re: Module: Orpheu2.1 (Plugin to change server slots in the end of the thread)
Reply With Quote #138

You mean the loading of libraries by the executable instead of just the libraries loaded by AMXx and Metamod?

So you want to have access to the Windows API ingame for example?
hackziner
Old 02-12-2010 , 07:46   Re: Module: Orpheu2.1 (Plugin to change server slots in the end of the thread)
Reply With Quote #139

Law is a little bit more complicated in Europe and allow more things. The European DMCA like is the EUCD, but it's only a directive. For france for exemple, all the clauses about reverse enginering in "american" software are null and void. _It's legal to do reverse enginering_.

But this affect the mechanism of the software, so the law is 'quite' complicated, but it's allow in certain cases like interoperability test.

So it seemed legal to change the slots for test purpose, but not to use it on "production" and "rented" servers. (in france/maybe europe at least).
Veteran Member
Old 02-12-2010 , 08:01   Re: Module: Orpheu2.1 (Plugin to change server slots in the end of the thread)
Reply With Quote #140

Quote:
You mean the loading of libraries by the executable instead of just the libraries loaded by AMXx and Metamod?

So you want to have access to the Windows API ingame for example?
Yes.
Yes but that is easy because windows api is available directly because I have entry points in the code. But, for other general libraries no.
But anyway, I will figure out it's just a matter of spending some time testing or searching.