This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Stripper:Source (Updated 2011-04-15)

Post New Thread Reply   

Blakeocity
Old 02-26-2010 , 05:08   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2.1, L4D2 + Perf Improvements)
Reply With Quote #551

Hey Atomic, all is working great except the Mall level.

If we get the easy path, the windows can't be shot out. If we get the medium or hard path the lower level door can be opened, but it doesn't trigger the alarm.

Can this be fixed please?
I went through a couple pages and saw you said something about a solution? Sorry if there is one, but I didn't see it.

Using the Forcepath commands did change the path, but it still didn't trigger the alarm on the door opening or allow the glass to be broken.

Last edited by Blakeocity; 02-26-2010 at 05:41.
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 02-27-2010 , 06:18   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2.1, L4D2 + Perf Improvements)
Reply With Quote #552

I havent played the mall 3 level in quite some time, and not since i implented my 'fix'.

People just rage on us too much.

Ill test it out today...
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 02-28-2010 , 15:39   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2.1, L4D2 + Perf Improvements)
Reply With Quote #553

Worked for me. Try it.

See later post for current version.

Last edited by AtomicStryker; 03-05-2010 at 05:02.
SkaP
Old 02-28-2010 , 20:48   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2.1, L4D2 + Perf Improvements)
Reply With Quote #554

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicStryker View Post
Worked for me. Try it.
It seems to be working. It's was bugin out on the mall with stripper not working. No idea what set it off but if it happens again I will let you know. Also for some reason the chairs aren't being stripped in the mall I am looking at it now.

Edit2: For some reason the hammerIDs switched around and stripper was getting confused(maybe why the whole thing bugged out?) anyway change the chair prop removal part of c1m3 to this:

PHP Code:
{
    ;
Prop Removal Chair to get back over the point of no return

"origin" "1521 -808 280"
    "classname" "prop_physics"
    "hammerid" "1553193"
}

{
    ;

"origin" "1093 -1628 280"
    "hammerid" "1550289"
}

{
    ;

"origin" "349.324 -1946.13 280"
    "hammerid" "1548079"

Edit3: Still having problems with the windows not being able to be shot out. Maybe it's a problem with the hammerIDs not being the same after round change or maybe they changed globally after the last update. Anyway I am out of ideas as to why it does this being terribly sick all week is not helping me think strait.

Last edited by SkaP; 02-28-2010 at 21:44.
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-28-2010 , 23:49   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2.1, L4D2 + Perf Improvements)
Reply With Quote #555

Remove the hammerid.. There is no reason to really use it if you have origin and classname.
Blakeocity
Old 03-01-2010 , 01:41   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2.1, L4D2 + Perf Improvements)
Reply With Quote #556

So removing the hammerID lines will get it working?

Appreciate the effort going into it.
dirka_dirka
Veteran Member
Old 03-01-2010 , 13:33   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2.1, L4D2 + Perf Improvements)
Reply With Quote #557

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaP View Post
Edit3: Maybe it's a problem with the hammerIDs not being the same after round change or maybe they changed globally after the last update.
hammerids dont change. theres 1 hammerid for every entity created by valve when they compiled all the maps. hammerids are basically just serial numbers.

stripper doesnt care about hammerids. the game doesnt even care about them - which is why you can add new entities without one.

when changing/removing entities in stripper, including the hammerid is just another means of positively identifying what your changing.

if the ids were matched up with the wrong origins, then the removal definitely wouldnt work.
SkaP
Old 03-01-2010 , 19:54   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2.1, L4D2 + Perf Improvements)
Reply With Quote #558

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirka_dirka View Post
hammerids dont change. theres 1 hammerid for every entity created by valve when they compiled all the maps. hammerids are basically just serial numbers.

stripper doesnt care about hammerids. the game doesnt even care about them - which is why you can add new entities without one.

when changing/removing entities in stripper, including the hammerid is just another means of positively identifying what your changing.

if the ids were matched up with the wrong origins, then the removal definitely wouldnt work.
I know that but what I am saying is the hammerid's for the those props switched around since I first removed them. No joke they used to be in the reversed order. So something changed them. What I was thinking when I wrote that was on map start for c1m3 the enties for the logic relays are one hammerid and when the next team goes they could be another which explains why they seem to reload when the second team goes since they aren't being modified correctly in the config. That was thought up on nyquill and advil so take it for what it is.
dirka_dirka
Veteran Member
Old 03-02-2010 , 00:39   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2.1, L4D2 + Perf Improvements)
Reply With Quote #559

atomics zip file had 2 hammer ids swapped around with 2 origins.. thats human error by someone.

also, hammerids cant change ingame (unless maybe a plugin specifically changes them).. they are not dynamic.
SkaP
Old 03-02-2010 , 01:05   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2.1, L4D2 + Perf Improvements)
Reply With Quote #560

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirka_dirka View Post
atomics zip file had 2 hammer ids swapped around with 2 origins.. thats human error by someone.

also, hammerids cant change ingame (unless maybe a plugin specifically changes them).. they are not dynamic.
Check my last c1m3 strip file about 4 pages back, they were swapped around before and yes it worked. The hammerids switched around it wasn't human error. Also like I said that dynamic hammerids were an idea created off of drugs.

Last edited by SkaP; 03-02-2010 at 01:10.