This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)

Post New Thread Reply   

Praetor
Old 05-02-2010 , 08:53   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)
Reply With Quote #621

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshalZCC View Post
So on a linux server running L4D2 I can get 20 slots working fairly well with the occasional crash, but not too bad. However, anything higher (tested 22 and 24) gives a crash every map or every second map load. Its too bad. I hear this mod is more stables with windows though... can anyone confirm this?
Who the h*ll would host a dedicated server with 20+ players?? That's just ridiculous people!
lexantis
Old 05-02-2010 , 09:55   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)
Reply With Quote #622

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexantis View Post
i need sb_add too, is there a new version of 1.0.0.9 that has it?
in version 1.0.0.9f sb_add doesnt work
i have issues with 1.0.0.10rc3 - its adding l4d1 survivors as bots, and invisible bill that sucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by stufz View Post
@ Lexantis - did you miss this post ?

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthr...78#post1158878

survs.smx to precache so the sb_add works on 1010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praetor View Post
Thanks... Important files like really helps and should be posted at the first page
lol, i red the forum twice through, do you really think that i could connect to a server without this survs.smx? without having engine errors? I dont think so! im using that already, and its causing l4d1 survivors spawn in my 4 coop game, and you cant take over those bots, invisible bill, other players having errors on bill etc. that really suck! we need new snap of l4dtoolz coz im sick of it already, ill go try downtown again
Send a message via ICQ to lexantis
MarshalZCC
Old 05-02-2010 , 16:07   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)
Reply With Quote #623

Quote:
So on a linux server running L4D2 I can get 20 slots working fairly well with the occasional crash, but not too bad. However, anything higher (tested 22 and 24) gives a crash every map or every second map load. Its too bad. I hear this mod is more stables with windows though... can anyone confirm this?
So after some more testing, I can say that 20 slots is pretty stable. Sometimes my server can get through the entire day before my nightly reboot kicks in.

However, anything higher than that will guarantee a crash 1 or 2 maps later. I've tried 21, 22, and 24 slots - all unsuccessful. The crash is the same each time - a segmentation fault. Since its a rented server, I'm unable to debug it or diagnose it.

ivailosp: there must be something in the linux specific code that is perhaps triggered when more than 20 slots are used? I'm not sure how something like this could happen.
marvel
BANNED
Old 05-04-2010 , 04:40   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)
Reply With Quote #624

Quote:
So after some more testing, I can say that 20 slots is pretty stable. Sometimes my server can get through the entire day before my nightly reboot kicks in.

However, anything higher than that will guarantee a crash 1 or 2 maps later. I've tried 21, 22, and 24 slots - all unsuccessful. The crash is the same each time - a segmentation fault. Since its a rented server, I'm unable to debug it or diagnose it.

ivailosp: there must be something in the linux specific code that is perhaps triggered when more than 20 slots are used? I'm not sure how something like this could happen.
I don't understand, why would anybody want more then 20 players, a group of 10 survivors is already moving way too slow imagine what will happen when it's even larger. You will get a survivor traffic jam and maps with elevators like hard rain, atrium and c6m3port become unplayable (they are already a pain with 10 survivors, let alone 12 or more).
marvel
BANNED
Old 05-04-2010 , 04:42   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)
Reply With Quote #625

ivailosp,

Forgot to report about it but the latest l4dtoolz for l4d1 works a charm. It's working great with the new SM and MM and my server can run for 24+ hours with 20 people.

Thanks for that! If it was for me it became final and no more RC
MarshalZCC
Old 05-04-2010 , 10:52   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)
Reply With Quote #626

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel View Post
I don't understand, why would anybody want more then 20 players, a group of 10 survivors is already moving way too slow imagine what will happen when it's even larger. You will get a survivor traffic jam and maps with elevators like hard rain, atrium and c6m3port become unplayable (they are already a pain with 10 survivors, let alone 12 or more).
I don't really care to discuss game balance and team numbers here - I would rather stick to the technical discussion and limitations of the game/mod. If you have concerns about my server configuration we can discuss them in PM.
ivailosp
Old 05-04-2010 , 15:29   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)
Reply With Quote #627

to anyone using sb_add: - sv_unlock_sb_add will not be supported, so if you want to create bots just add this code to your plugin
Code:
SpawnFakeClient(){
	new Bot = CreateFakeClient("SurvivorBot");
	if (Bot == 0)
		return;
	ChangeClientTeam(Bot, 2);
	DispatchKeyValue(Bot, "classname", "SurvivorBot");
	CreateTimer(0.1, KickFakeClient, Bot);
}

public Action:KickFakeClient(Handle:hTimer, any:Client){
	if(IsClientConnected(Client) && IsFakeClient(Client)){
		KickClient(Client, "Kicking Fake Client.");
	}
	return Plugin_Handled;
}
and use SpawnFakeClient() to create single bot
lexantis
Old 05-04-2010 , 19:27   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)
Reply With Quote #628

Why it won't be supported? is it buggy? this spawnfakeclient is often not reliable for me so i need to add a bot for my friend joining game manually, and now i can't
Send a message via ICQ to lexantis
ivailosp
Old 05-05-2010 , 02:48   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)
Reply With Quote #629

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexantis View Post
Why it won't be supported? is it buggy? this spawnfakeclient is often not reliable for me so i need to add a bot for my friend joining game manually, and now i can't
why? my plugin is working fine now http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=126004

or you can try and this plugin to spawn single bot (sm_sb_add is the command & you need to have admin access)
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (sm_sb_add.sp - 594 views - 833 Bytes)

Last edited by ivailosp; 05-05-2010 at 05:22.
MarshalZCC
Old 05-05-2010 , 10:12   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)
Reply With Quote #630

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivailosp View Post
why? my plugin is working fine now http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=126004

or you can try and this plugin to spawn single bot (sm_sb_add is the command & you need to have admin access)
Would you be able to comment on my questions regarding the 20 player limit I'm seeing? Thanks ivail!