This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[L4D2] Gun Control

Post New Thread Reply   

ScaredKid
Old 05-01-2010 , 19:08   Re: [L4D2] Gun Control
Reply With Quote #141

Hey when I run out of m60 bullits it drops can you fix this or do I just have to refill it b4 running out??
iNFiNiTeX
Old 05-02-2010 , 03:31   Re: [L4D2] Gun Control
Reply With Quote #142

If I remember correctly a few posts back someone mentioned that changing the M60 ammo via the .cfg wasnt working nor could you refill it. I am experiencing the very same problem with the latest version of the plugins.
chris1701
Old 05-02-2010 , 03:38   Re: [L4D2] Gun Control
Reply With Quote #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNFiNiTeX View Post
If I remember correctly a few posts back someone mentioned that changing the M60 ammo via the .cfg wasnt working nor could you refill it. I am experiencing the very same problem with the latest version of the plugins.

it is a official settings. It will automatically drop out if you shot 150 rounds. Even you have the prevent m60 plugin, it still drop out. We should find another way to fix that
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 05-02-2010 , 06:34   Re: [L4D2] Gun Control
Reply With Quote #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by troop5 View Post
Reason why is because precache of boomer bile in plugin is wrong.

Right now its this:
CheckModelPreCache("models/v_models/weapons/v_bile_flask.mdl");

Should be this:
CheckModelPreCache("models/v_models/v_bile_flask.mdl");

Added that, thank you.
Kringe
Old 05-02-2010 , 16:20   Re: [L4D2] Gun Control
Reply With Quote #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicStryker View Post
@Kringe
No. I will not mod clip sizes.
not what I wanted to hear. Oh well. I've read all the requests in the request forum, and nobody seems to want to figure that one out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1701 View Post
it is a official settings. It will automatically drop out if you shot 150 rounds. Even you have the prevent m60 plugin, it still drop out. We should find another way to fix that
I too am using the code from the chainsaw refueling plugin to stop the m60 from disappearing on the drop, but it does not stop the dropping action, as you say. That's also not EXACTLY what it does, which results in potential for glitches. I managed to glitch a m60 into my inventory with 0 ammo, so it should be possible for someone smarter than me to code it.

It's far from perfect, as pointed out by Newf, but it sorta works in the interim.

Mine seems to be working as expected, even running with 200 rounds. It does not drop after 150 shots, and restocks at ammo piles correctly. I have noticed two problems though, one is with the item spawning only with 150 rounds (which could be related to another plugin that monitors weapon spawning as well... i'm not worried about it, since all my weapons spawn with less than full clips.), and the other is with special ammo set to a multiplier in the gun control plugin with less than a full clip in the m60.

For Example, picking up Incendiary with the multiplier at it's default "3" gives you a value in the HUD that is incorrect. It doesn't seem to be uniform, either.

If the incendiary amount is more than the original clip, then the m60 drops after the amount of bullets it initially had in it's clip, prior to the special ammo multiplier. If it is less it functions as normal, it just tells you it gives you three clips, and does not.

I tested a couple times, once with 24 rounds left, and it gave me 72 incendiary, but then dropped after 24 shots. I then tried with 100 left in the clip, and it gave me 43 or 44 (??? Rollover at 256?) incendiary rounds, and behaved accordingly.

I hope that makes sense.

Last edited by Kringe; 05-02-2010 at 16:57. Reason: Accuracy
Acecombat2
Old 05-05-2010 , 05:56   Re: [L4D2] Gun Control
Reply With Quote #146

HAHAHAHh SO FUNNY BUG! when you start in saferoom area after load first time give m60 to your self and have 150/56 HAHAHAHha (Reload) but after finish the bullet it came back normal. i wonder atomic can do this rifle has magazine. i just wondering... maybe perkmode Pack Rat does it..... because it behave like ammo re-ammunize(grenade launcher old bug) after reach more than 1010 it start to 1 again.
Old 05-05-2010 , 12:16   Re: [L4D2] Gun Control
Reply With Quote #147

hey... I kept getting that bile jar not prechached error:

Its a spelling error in the script [WeaponUnlock v0.8.5]:
Line: 432;

w_eq_bile_flask.mld

should be

w_eq_bile_flask.mdl

nice plugin btw.

Last edited by satannuts; 05-05-2010 at 12:19.
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 05-05-2010 , 15:10   Re: [L4D2] Gun Control
Reply With Quote #148

How the heck did that happen.. im sure i had it fixed at some point.
iNFiNiTeX
Old 05-05-2010 , 18:03   Re: [L4D2] Gun Control
Reply With Quote #149

I updated to the lastest version of sourcemod 1.4 and I'm using metamod 1.8.2 and it seems that I no longer have any issues with the M60 resupply and custom ammo stock. Would be nice if the M60 spawned with the custom ammo though, maybe in the future?

By the way! don't forget the updated SDK Hooks and Downtown ext 1.4.7!
troop5
Old 05-06-2010 , 03:08   Re: [L4D2] Gun Control
Reply With Quote #150

Atomic. I'm not sure if it was intentional or not but you left out some code that makes the rotation of weapons in weapon_unlock not work in coop.

I had to add code to mine to make it work. Was banging my head for awhile until i realized what was missing.