This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

The Extreme Versus Project

Post New Thread Reply   

war450
Old 06-01-2010 , 22:27   The Extreme Versus Project
Reply With Quote #1

Well, back in l4d1 i always thought Versus was too easy even with a semi-bad team, one of you will tend to make it. [some cases none]

during this time, i played versus countless times and made changes to the general game and l4d1 did not have tons of useful plugin's but there where quite a few really good ones,
after playing for about a year l4d2 was announced and then released. then i apply my game play changes to l4d2 [with very few tweeks]

I noticed the rage meter gone up over l4d1, gone where the rescue closets [not sure how to enable in versus]

Then the tanks now had 6k hp max instead of the 15k tanks 0-0 [yes teams actually did kill them and still beat the map]

Alright that's the short story of the project now To the point

Extreme versus is undergoing more changes to find the best way to prevent raging with out reducing extreme versus even more...

So, i am inviting you all to play on my server tonight and try Extreme versus.

My Plan is to release extreme versus as a single plugin but i don't know how to code, so hopefully if any one enjoys playing it can help me make it into one.

The server is already up and running.

and ps if this is the wrong section to post this type of request. but it kind of fits .-.

Connect to

[i will move that code into my sig]

I have a rather large list of features for the plugin version, though i will need to have some one look it over to say what's possible and whats not

my major features that will be interesting are
Enabling rescue closet's in versus [cvar enable]

Replacing the director with a more configurable version using a system that grabs the intensity values of the director and spawns stuff depending on the intensity while trying to prevent the director from spawning stuff normally [so, it won't break the config]

the other elements will be Control Mobs [my idea is to spawn tell the direct how many zombies to spawn in a mob aka code will look something like this]

Intensity = 25
{
25: {infected: mob = 30};
15: {infected: mob-random = 15};
5: {do nothing}

it checks the meter of the director then spawns then it looks at how likely it will choose that choice on this intensity then spawns the mob with [30 zombies] [it should be possible with silent changes to the mob cvar]

i would add delays or cool down to all the actions it will do [160 seconds is good] but not sure...

but yeah small examples of what the config would look like. 0-0

Last edited by war450; 06-01-2010 at 23:22.
Blakeocity
Old 06-01-2010 , 23:21   Re: The Extreme Versus Project
Reply With Quote #2

http://code.google.com/p/srsmod/
http://code.google.com/p/confogl/
war450
Old 06-01-2010 , 23:27   Re: The Extreme Versus Project
Reply With Quote #3

i actually have srs on my server but had to remove downtown recently. while confogl is a really good one. but i'm trying to avoid removing items from l4d2 .

but i like the tank fix