This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.5.0 Beta

Post New Thread Reply   

naris
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-13-2010 , 22:47   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.4.2 Beta
Reply With Quote #641

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreaper View Post
lol yeah I know you were referring to in game. Download Firefox, make it your default webbrowser to where all steam links open up within firefox. Make sure you have the windows media player firefox extension installed. Then it should work. If you can manually play jukebox songs through firefox outside the game than it should work in game.
The "default browser" has absolutely no effect on source engine games and it NEVER did. No version of any source engine game could ever use Firefox, especially the current engine.

Currently, the Source engine has a built in browser that uses the WebKit browser engine (which is the same engine that chrome is based off). Before that it *always* used Internet Exploder regardless of what your "default browser" is.

Whether or not you can manually play jukebox songs in Firefox has absolutely no bearing on what will happen in-game!

The jukebox will ONLY work in-game if you have sound manger on the website, you are quite mistaken to think otherwise.

Last edited by naris; 07-13-2010 at 22:50.
Sreaper
髪を用心
Old 07-14-2010 , 01:03   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.4.2 Beta
Reply With Quote #642

Quote:
Originally Posted by naris View Post
The "default browser" has absolutely no effect on source engine games and it NEVER did. No version of any source engine game could ever use Firefox, especially the current engine.

Currently, the Source engine has a built in browser that uses the WebKit browser engine (which is the same engine that chrome is based off). Before that it *always* used Internet Exploder regardless of what your "default browser" is.

Whether or not you can manually play jukebox songs in Firefox has absolutely no bearing on what will happen in-game!

The jukebox will ONLY work in-game if you have sound manger on the website, you are quite mistaken to think otherwise.
Is this not considered in-game even know it's grouping itself with Team Fortress 2 and still responding to the jukebox songs/commands? http://a.**************/img8/1826/orlyi.png

Last edited by Sreaper; 07-14-2010 at 01:16.
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 07-14-2010 , 01:55   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.4.2 Beta
Reply With Quote #643

NO, its not suppose to open up a browser out of game to play the sound.

goarack
Old 07-14-2010 , 17:38   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.4.2 Beta
Reply With Quote #644

i was finally able to get this to work but i had to put in an windows media player addon which happens to be for firefox but it works even with out firefox installed
goarack
Old 07-14-2010 , 17:40   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.4.2 Beta
Reply With Quote #645

is thgere any hope of getting this to work in l4d2?
Darkimmortal
Old 07-14-2010 , 17:48   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.4.2 Beta
Reply With Quote #646

Quote:
Originally Posted by goarack View Post
is thgere any hope of getting this to work in l4d2?
From my tests, no
Old 07-15-2010 , 01:08   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.4.2 Beta
Reply With Quote #647

L4d2 uses something completely different. It seems like an early
version of the mac update browser. I expect l4d2 to receive a similar update later abs well get it working then.

Plugins: Jukebox for Source
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 07-15-2010 , 18:44   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.4.2 Beta
Reply With Quote #648

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontWannaName View Post
Have you looked at any of these players? I dont mind paying a few bucks for a decent player that wont crash and will work better.

http://activeden.net/searches?term=f...yer&type=files

red_snow
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-29-2010 , 17:46   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.4.2 Beta
Reply With Quote #649

Let me start by saying this - Thanx for this awesome plugin.

I ran into a problem when i tried to install JB on my server. I am getting the following error. I have checked all settings 3-4 times. Can't figure out where the problem is..
Code:
[JB] Database connection is unavailable.

Last edited by red_snow; 07-30-2010 at 01:26.
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 07-29-2010 , 23:07   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.4.2 Beta
Reply With Quote #650

Are you trying to connect to a remote database or local?