This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[TF2] Zombie Fortress (Perks [v4.2.0.16] / Vanilla [v4.0.6.4])

Post New Thread Reply   

Wander
Old 03-23-2011 , 17:55   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress (Perks [v4.2.0.15] / Vanilla [v4.0.6.4])
Reply With Quote #151

Just a few thoughts, some more or less important than others
I figured id post them here, since I dont always see you on steam

Custom weapons
In some other mods ive seen weapons got replaced by custom weapons (for example in the vs hale or weaponiser mods).
Is it easy to replace weapons by custom weapons? If so, would it be an easy way to balance some weapons out?
Such as changing the katanas healing from 100% to 50% or 75%, changing the ubersaw's charge-on-melee from 25% to 20%, making the vita saw useful, or changing the bear claws and steel fists?
Bear claws -100 speed works, but often looks a bit glitchy and laggy, replacing bear claws by custom bear claws would maybe allow you to easier change the stats of it, and would probably feel better (less hacky) to the game?

Cripple
Also prevent crippled survivors from picking up ammo?

Eternal Reward
Prevent cloaking while disguised, or have disguise automatically wear off when cloaking?

Pyro's
Possible to prevent them from picking up ammo when they already have 125 ammo?

Friend
Could use a small nerf in regen and attack, while a slightly increased crit time

Juggernaut
Description still says it stuns zombie on melee hit, while it doesn't anymore. Bug or outdated description?

Leader
Similar to stash, only 1 flag can be placed in a small radius?

Selfless
Could use a slightly bigger radius

Stash
Could use a nerf in attack

Combustible
It happens often that you melee a combust, another survivor shoots at it, and you die cause you came close to it to melee.
Increase explosion damage to people who shot, and decrease explosion damage to people who melee?

Horrifying
Could use a small nerf

Hunter
Can't change class: when place a mark as scout, you die, and while waiting to respawn you change to heavy, you will still spawn as scout.
Spawneffect under cloaked spies lasts long. Often theres no point in going hunter as spy, cause when you wait so long for the spawnmarks to go away, you can just as well pick another perk and walk

Magnetic
Also disable teleporters? Or make it pause the teleport reload time?

Swarming
Flies effect stays a bit longer after cloaking. It has happened many times that i was fully cloaked, but got shot cause someone saw the flies.

We havent really had any server issues lately (apart from that one I told you, but that was probably just a server glitch)
Vladimir Van Vodka
Old 03-25-2011 , 16:16   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress (Perks [v4.2.0.15] / Vanilla [v4.0.6.4])
Reply With Quote #152

could I suggest a perk for zombies?

Name: Waterlogged or Bloated

The good:
-50% fire damage received (so you take 50% fire damage)
-50% explosion damage received (you take 50% explosive damage)
*not pushable by physics (explosives or compression blast, etc.)

the bad:
+60% bullet damage received (you take 160% bullet damage, includes syringes and arrows, etc)
+60% melee damage received (you take 160% melee damage)

the ugly:
water logged corpses are corpses that, after being stagnant in fluids or drowned, absorbed alot of liquid and became disfigured, deformed and bloated with fluids, hence more resistant to fire and explosive whiplash, but would naturally be easy to cut open with say: bullets or sharp objects.

extra details:

Theoretically:
a heavy would have:
against fire and explosives; 600 hp, but 187.5 hp against anything else
a scout and spy would have:
against fire and explosives 250 hp, but 78 hp against anything else

the reason for this perk is to make a zombie perk that can fight demomen, pyros and soldiers more effectively, (which I find are the hardest to counter as a melee class because of the easily dissed out high dps and knockback effect) but a smart person as the latter two survivor classes will just pull out the shotgun or melee to do massive damage. and waterlogged is relatively weak against a mixed team.

if you where to put a visual effect, I would suggest a bluish tint.

Self proclaimed Melee and Shotgun expert, Sexiest Man on Earth... and also makes decent ZF maps:
http://critsandvich.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=1454

Last edited by Vladimir Van Vodka; 03-26-2011 at 14:56.
RavensBro
Veteran Member
Old 03-29-2011 , 02:41   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress (Perks [v4.2.0.15] / Vanilla [v4.0.6.4])
Reply With Quote #153

take a look at these skins i found maybe you can make them to work in the mod would be neat like they did for saxton hale so they only show in zombie mod.
Attached Files
File Type: 7z zombie skins.7z (4.26 MB, 101 views)
Vladimir Van Vodka
Old 03-29-2011 , 15:29   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress (Perks [v4.2.0.15] / Vanilla [v4.0.6.4])
Reply With Quote #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensBro View Post
something... something... something... dark-side.
If you where to add skins, I would agree to his suggestion too, because they are actual high quality undead zombie models for the blue team:

for actual pictures:

>>> http://www.gamebanana.com/skins/89287 <<<

the textures may seem low quality, it's because the fleshy chunks are actual TF2 gib models, however; the creator insaneicide is coming out with a new version in a few months, which will be even better.
the cool thing is that they only affect the blue team too.

Self proclaimed Melee and Shotgun expert, Sexiest Man on Earth... and also makes decent ZF maps:

Last edited by Vladimir Van Vodka; 03-31-2011 at 09:43. Reason: I was unvigilent and possesed by Chuthulu.
RavensBro
Veteran Member
Old 03-30-2011 , 23:33   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress (Perks [v4.2.0.15] / Vanilla [v4.0.6.4])
Reply With Quote #155

lol those are the skins i put up
Vladimir Van Vodka
Old 03-31-2011 , 09:40   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress (Perks [v4.2.0.15] / Vanilla [v4.0.6.4])
Reply With Quote #156

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensBro View Post
lol those are the skins i put up
Ah, well then I agree completely, I would have checked if it where screenshots or a link, I don't download files just to see what it is, sorry.

well, I suggested them also a long time ago:

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...&postcount=480

I did not think about them afterwards and dirtyminuth was evasive on the subject. So I eventually forgot about them until you suggested skins, so I posted them again.

Last edited by Vladimir Van Vodka; 03-31-2011 at 15:32. Reason: Too sexy for my shirt
dirtyminuth
Old 04-03-2011 , 22:26   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress (Perks [v4.2.0.15] / Vanilla [v4.0.6.4])
Reply With Quote #157

Just wanted to let everyone know that the ZF Forums are back online at http://zombiefortress.co.uk/!

While AlliedMods is the place for official releases and updates, the ZF forums generally house more detailed discussions of ZF topics. I'll respond on both forums.

Also, Re: Regarding official skins
I have always stated that I have no plans to include official skins. There would have to be *significant* desire for the feature for me to consider it.
Old 04-14-2011 , 01:13   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress (Perks [v4.2.0.15] / Vanilla [v4.0.6.4])
Reply With Quote #158

Question: A server I am admin on (I do not own said server) runs this mod (among others). One of the other mods that it runs is Saxton Hale. For some reason, I don't know why, when we play Saxton Hale, anyone on Red gets the Ninja perk. Even new players that didn't play on the ZF mod earlier.

I've tried disabling it with the sm_zf_perk_disable command to no avail.

Any ideas?
Velture
Old 04-14-2011 , 04:47   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress (Perks [v4.2.0.15] / Vanilla [v4.0.6.4])
Reply With Quote #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewbat View Post
Question: A server I am admin on (I do not own said server) runs this mod (among others). One of the other mods that it runs is Saxton Hale. For some reason, I don't know why, when we play Saxton Hale, anyone on Red gets the Ninja perk. Even new players that didn't play on the ZF mod earlier.

I've tried disabling it with the sm_zf_perk_disable command to no avail.

Any ideas?
try using mapscfg and add "sm plugins unload zombiefortress_perk.smx" to vsh cfg (and for zf maps add "sm plugins load zombiefortress_perk.smx")
That works fine for me and i have 7 mods on my server

PS> My server runs this mod (perks): 91.102.113.230:27050 [EU] STER TF2#2 FUNBOX *SAXTON*ZF*HIDDEN*DB*HnS*SOCCER*TF2WARE
Old 04-14-2011 , 17:34   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress (Perks [v4.2.0.15] / Vanilla [v4.0.6.4])
Reply With Quote #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velture View Post
try using mapscfg and add "sm plugins unload zombiefortress_perk.smx" to vsh cfg (and for zf maps add "sm plugins load zombiefortress_perk.smx")
That works fine for me and i have 7 mods on my server

PS> My server runs this mod (perks): 91.102.113.230:27050 [EU] STER TF2#2 FUNBOX *SAXTON*ZF*HIDDEN*DB*HnS*SOCCER*TF2WARE
I'm relatively new to some of the newer things (I used to admin older 1.5/1.6 servers for Counter Strike) so where is mapscfg?