This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

SourceIRC

Post New Thread Reply   

asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 01-31-2013 , 09:39   Re: SourceIRC
Reply With Quote #171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azelphur View Post
Please give the full error including stack trace if there is one.
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=205993
Old 01-31-2013 , 11:18   Re: SourceIRC
Reply With Quote #172

That's the extent of the error, no trace.

Looks easy enough to fix per the above post, I'll patch it locally until you push another build.
Azelphur
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-31-2013 , 22:45   Re: SourceIRC
Reply With Quote #173

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullcline View Post
That's the extent of the error, no trace.

Looks easy enough to fix per the above post, I'll patch it locally until you push another build.
Patches are more than welcome on github, if you've patched it feel free to submit a pull request, it saves me time!
Old 02-01-2013 , 09:31   Re: SourceIRC
Reply With Quote #174

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullcline View Post
@Azelphur

I'm running CSGO on Windows Server 2008 using the newest as of yesterday, dev branch builds of MM and SM. (if I use the latest stable MM and SM versions... those crash on Windows Server 2008 ).

When running this plugin (the newest successful build from Jenkins), the relay-all plugin fails: Native "BfWriteByte" was not found. I'm not sure where to begin debugging that in this environment, maybe you've already recognized the root cause? I'm clicking through the past few pages of the thread and I'm not getting anywhere.

Also there was a CSGO update a few hours ago which may have just caused this grief.
Does your error only show when people use /me?
Old 02-09-2013 , 06:31   Re: SourceIRC
Reply With Quote #175

nice stuff, looked for something like this. little change i had to make: check for fakeclients in (dis-) connect functions, because i use it on a mvm server, so there were spams of TFBot connected / disconnected
SourceMod Donor
Old 02-09-2013 , 09:53   Re: SourceIRC
Reply With Quote #176

Azelphur, this is a great plugin, especially since you fixed the memory leak, so I just wanted to say thanks.

Also, you may not realise this, but there are three other great plugins that support SourceIRC now, that are very useful for server owners, especially those with multiple servers.

SMAC (Sourcemod Anti Cheat) (http://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
Sends all cheat reports and admin notices through SourceIRC. Kicks, Bans, suspicious behavior etc

Sourcebans Checker (http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=137033) Page 4.
Sends reports of any players joining your servers who were previously banned on your Sourcebans database.

Admin Connect Extended (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=183966) Page 4.
Sends admin connect messages to IRC when they join a server (helps with monitoring which admins have responded to admin calls/tickets).

SourceIRC and these three plugins really help managing multiple servers, so thanks again to you, plus God Tony, Dr McKay and Psychonic (for making the modifications) and the original plugin authors where applicable.

Last edited by MrBen; 02-09-2013 at 10:02.
Azelphur
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-09-2013 , 16:24   Re: SourceIRC
Reply With Quote #177

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBen View Post
Azelphur, this is a great plugin, especially since you fixed the memory leak, so I just wanted to say thanks.

Also, you may not realise this, but there are three other great plugins that support SourceIRC now, that are very useful for server owners, especially those with multiple servers.

SMAC (Sourcemod Anti Cheat) (http://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
Sends all cheat reports and admin notices through SourceIRC. Kicks, Bans, suspicious behavior etc

Sourcebans Checker (http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=137033) Page 4.
Sends reports of any players joining your servers who were previously banned on your Sourcebans database.

Admin Connect Extended (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=183966) Page 4.
Sends admin connect messages to IRC when they join a server (helps with monitoring which admins have responded to admin calls/tickets).

SourceIRC and these three plugins really help managing multiple servers, so thanks again to you, plus God Tony, Dr McKay and Psychonic (for making the modifications) and the original plugin authors where applicable.
By SourceIRC support do you mean they have SourceIRC integration? I don't see those any mention of SourceIRC in those plugins o.O
Old 02-09-2013 , 17:03   Re: SourceIRC
Reply With Quote #178

azelphur: if you go to page 4, it mentions about it i believe. (on those links)

Last edited by snelvuur; 02-09-2013 at 17:03.
Azelphur
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-09-2013 , 17:16   Re: SourceIRC
Reply With Quote #179

Quote:
Originally Posted by snelvuur View Post
azelphur: if you go to page 4, it mentions about it i believe. (on those links)
Ah cool, perhaps I could start up a list in the OP of plugins with SourceIRC support, if someone wanted to gather some ;)

Last edited by Azelphur; 02-09-2013 at 17:16.
WildSoft
Old 02-09-2013 , 22:09   Re: SourceIRC
Reply With Quote #180

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjmfighter View Post
Does this work with sourcebans?
Quote:
tl;dr no.

Sourcebans doesn't hook the BanPlayer native, it should do. SourceIRC's default bans plugin is designed to fire the BanPlayer native, which all ban plugins should hook.

That said, SourceBans does have an API, and a module to support SourceBans would be fairly trivial to write.
Quote:
I have no motivation to do it, I don't use sourcebans and the plugin wouldn't have a place in the SourceIRC core. I can't get into writing support for every third party module under the sun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozgaming View Post
Would it be possible to use the irc nickname when setting a ban instead of console or is that a authentification issue with sourcebans? Or is it possible to auto create a note with their irc name instead?
Quote:
not without a patch

I didn't even know SourceIRC worked with SourceBans at all, none the less in order to do this stuff you'd need to write a SourceBans module for SourceIRC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozgaming View Post
You don't know how good you're programming is. One of the best plugins around my friend thanks
It is understandable that you don't want to implement this. But I would still like to make another request for this. Sourcebans isn't just any plugin, it's "the" plugin most of us run to handle bans over multiple servers. I believe this would be very appreciated since so many of us use Sourcebans and I do love your plugin =) Would make it so much easier to ban those players who constantly spam fake reports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBen View Post

Thanks for the tips! =)

EDIT*
You've been busy MrBen ;)

Admin Connect Message - https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...0&postcount=39
SourceBans Checker - http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...8&postcount=39

Quote:
Ah cool, perhaps I could start up a list in the OP of plugins with SourceIRC support, if someone wanted to gather some ;)
Sounds great! I really like the fact that you can have SMAC report for example suspected speed-hackers to the channel since it only tries to block them from using it. That way an admin can go online and check the player manually for foul play.

Is it possible to make a cvar to set the max amount of lines the bot is allowed to try and send to the channel in one command? If an admin messes up and for example makes to bot send the plugin list, the bot will get kicked for spamming, rejoin and keep sending messages until done. I know "msg-rate" can be set higher. But that's not the same as limit the bot to x-amount of messages. It would also be a pain to have to wait for it to finish simple tasks like "help".

It would be nice to be able to change the bot ticket report text in the config file. Or to simplify it, a cvar to turn off the second message from the bot on how one would reply to the reporting player. No need for admins to see this every time, just becomes unnecessary spam in the channel =) I realize you need the user id of the player to be able to respond. But maybe this can be done in a different way to minimize the output in the channel?
Now I've changed it to:
Code:
	KvRewind(kv);
	IRC_MsgFlaggedChannels("ticket", "%s (#%d - %s) has reported %s (%s) for %s", name, GetClientUserId(client), auth, targetname, targetauth, info);
	PrintToChat(client, "\x01Your report has been sent. Type \x04/reply your text here\x01 to chat with the admins.");
Which works fine, but I would love to get the user id of the target as well. How do I go about achieving that?

When a player uses /reply it shows as: "PlayerName (Steam ID): Message" - Can you add the user id to that as well? Sometimes players write to admins without reporting and it's a small hassle to find out the ID to be able to reply

I've noticed that players don't pay attention to the message on how to reply to admins after a report. So admins have to constantly add that information when they reply to the server. Can you add a setting to allow that message to also be sent after the admin replies with the command "to" ?

I also want to be able to change the trigger (/report) or add more like !admin - It's more commonly used/known.

Last edited by WildSoft; 02-10-2013 at 01:00.