This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Create Edict Fixer.

Post New Thread Reply   

Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-24-2013 , 05:11   Re: Create Edict Fixer.
Reply With Quote #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
EDIT: You'll also need symbol files if you want any real info.
Is CEF built without symbols? Because Valve added them back in for TF2's .so files a while back.

Last edited by Powerlord; 02-24-2013 at 05:12.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 02-24-2013 , 07:01   Re: Create Edict Fixer.
Reply With Quote #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
Is CEF built without symbols? Because Valve added them back in for TF2's .so files a while back.
Breakpad doesn't operate with the binaries present, and it's included tools will only work with binaries built with debugging symbols.
Old 02-26-2013 , 17:10   Re: Create Edict Fixer.
Reply With Quote #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
You have to compile and use the google-breakpad tools.

EDIT: You'll also need symbol files if you want any real info.
I am currently on the Google breakpad code page and am a bit lost. Can you give me a few pointers as to how I can compile this myself? And by symbol files I would assume you mean this: https://code.google.com/p/google-bre...ki/SymbolFiles ?

Last edited by Mr. Man; 02-26-2013 at 17:11.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-26-2013 , 17:15   Re: Create Edict Fixer.
Reply With Quote #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Man View Post
I am currently on the Google breakpad code page and am a bit lost. Can you give me a few pointers as to how I can compile this myself? And by symbol files I would assume you mean this: https://code.google.com/p/google-bre...ki/SymbolFiles ?
I think Asherkin was saying earlier that you also need CEF compiled as a Debug build.
Veteran Member
Old 02-26-2013 , 17:22   Re: Create Edict Fixer.
Reply With Quote #95

I am currently browsing the source directory: http://google-breakpad.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/src/. Is there a tool that allows me to download the file directory without having to download every file individually?
KyleS
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 02-26-2013 , 17:28   Re: Create Edict Fixer.
Reply With Quote #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Man View Post
I am currently browsing the source directory: http://google-breakpad.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/src/. Is there a tool that allows me to download the file directory without having to download every file individually?
Are you running Windows or Linux? Windows is pretty impossible to debug. Linux is easier in the sense you have the function action names and offset into the function.

But yeah, we need to know what platform you're on. Accelerator not working, and what you pasted before hints Windows, but Powerlord is saying Linux so :s

EDIT: core files if Linux, disable break pad with -nobreakpad, and set -gdb to your gdb path. Make sure ulimit -c is set to unlimited.

Last edited by KyleS; 02-26-2013 at 17:31.
Mr. Man
Veteran Member
Old 02-26-2013 , 17:30   Re: Create Edict Fixer.
Reply With Quote #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleS View Post
Are you running Windows or Linux? Windows is pretty impossible to debug. Linux is easier in the sense you have the function action names and offset into the function.

But yeah, we need to know what platform you're on. Accelerator not working, and what you pasted before hints Windows, but Powerlord is saying Linux so :s
I am using Linux for my servers.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-26-2013 , 17:31   Re: Create Edict Fixer.
Reply With Quote #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleS View Post

Apparently the quoted part that mentioned vstdlib_srv.so and the like was removed from an earlier post.

Having said that, I was going to build a debug version of this, but apparently the Makefile in the .tar.gz is out of date, as it tries to build the OB Valve version against vstdlib.so instead of vstdlib_srv.so.

Last edited by Powerlord; 02-26-2013 at 17:32.
KyleS
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 02-26-2013 , 17:44   Re: Create Edict Fixer.
Reply With Quote #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
Apparently the quoted part that mentioned vstdlib_srv.so and the like was removed from an earlier post.

Having said that, I was going to build a debug version of this, but apparently the Makefile in the .tar.gz is out of date, as it tries to build the OB Valve version against vstdlib.so instead of vstdlib_srv.so.
Unfortunately breakpad dumps are completely stripped. He's going to need a core file if you're looking to debug like this. If he were to send you his dump file privately right now, you could look at the offset into the binary and guess the jumps/functions. But his console history , startup line, and potentially other private things could be leaked (same as a core file), so it's up to him.
Mr. Man
Veteran Member
Old 02-26-2013 , 17:44   Re: Create Edict Fixer.
Reply With Quote #100

I was hoping for a program where I can run .dmps through to see what plugins/features were causing my servers to restart, to be frank.