This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown 2 (0.5.4.2) - L4D2 Only, Updated Left4Downtown

Post New Thread Reply   

V1SoR
Old 12-31-2013 , 05:58   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown 2 (0.5.4.2) - L4D2 Only, Updated Left4Downtown
Reply With Quote #651

Quote:
Originally Posted by codydbgt View Post
Version 0.5.7 by this guy --->> https://github.com/Attano/Left4Downtown2
working game data in zip
LINUX ONLY
The gamedata and the includes from your archive are severely outdated, from version 0.5.3/0.5.4.2. Get the latest gamedata and includes here(permalinks, always stay up to date, but only for Linux -- sorry Win users):
https://github.com/Attano/Left4Downt...ntown.l4d2.txt
https://github.com/Attano/Left4Downt...ipting/include

Otherwise everything new 0.5.7 has to offer simply won't work.

Last edited by V1SoR; 12-31-2013 at 05:58.
PatriotGames
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-05-2014 , 00:09   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown 2 (0.5.4.2) - L4D2 Only, Updated Left4Downtown
Reply With Quote #652

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munch View Post
you will receive this message regardless of installed plugins
When there are 4 players in a coop game you need to either join via Steam friends list or use Steam Group list assuming you have joined any Groups

Do you have the updated l4dtoolz 1.0.0.9h

SuperVersus only allows you to set max players allowed to join each team it does not allow 8 player coop

Use Bebop or Multislots to get 4+ player coop game.
Munch,

1. You can also join a coop or versus server with extra slots using the console command "connect ip:port", or, and this is preferred, you can use the built-in l4d2 server browser. In the game console type "openserverbrowser" them click the "custom" tab where you will find all of the l4d2 servers listed. You can join any server that has extra slots simply by clicking on the server name. Total visible extra slots are correctly displayed.

2. Super Versus does indeed work for 8 player coop. I use it on my coop-8 server now along with l4dToolz. I imagine it would work equally well with Left4Downtown2 player slots build, though I have not personally tested that combination. Settings for the infected players in the superversus .cfg file are simply ignored.

Back on the thread topic:

For the other Debian 7 users, why not just use l4dToolz for extra slots? Unless you need Left4downtown to support a specific plugin and want to open extra slots, l4dToolz does the same thing and will keep the lobby unreserved. Just wondering...

Kind regards,

PG

Last edited by PatriotGames; 01-28-2014 at 16:43.
Munch
Old 01-05-2014 , 13:57   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown 2 (0.5.4.2) - L4D2 Only, Updated Left4Downtown
Reply With Quote #653

Not sure why the console "connect ip/port" the preferred method. I mentioned the most convenient and obvious method to connect as its the method everybody knows. You can of course connect via links to servers from webpages, HLSW and more.
I didn't mention these as this information was neither helpful or required for "Wobliner" (Post 637) who's post I was trying to help.

I'm only in error regarding SuperVersus and my assumption that it was specific to the Versus and not Coop gamemode never having used it and therefore have to take your word for it.

Last edited by Munch; 01-05-2014 at 14:33.
PatriotGames
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-05-2014 , 18:22   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown 2 (0.5.4.2) - L4D2 Only, Updated Left4Downtown
Reply With Quote #654

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munch View Post
Not sure why the console "connect ip/port" the preferred method. I mentioned the most convenient and obvious method to connect as its the method everybody knows. You can of course connect via links to servers from webpages, HLSW and more.
I didn't mention these as this information was neither helpful or required for "Wobliner" (Post 637) who's post I was trying to help.

I'm only in error regarding SuperVersus and my assumption that it was specific to the Versus and not Coop gamemode never having used it and therefore have to take your word for it.
Munch,

You missed the OR in my comment:
Quote:
You can also join a coop or versus server with extra slots using the console command "connect ip:port", or, and this is preferred, you can use the built-in l4d2 server browser.
I was advocating the built-in l4d2 server browser as the preferred method to connect to servers with extra slots, not the console command.

As far as everybody knowing the console command, I think you would find among the general l4d2 player base, which just recently expanded exponentially, that only a minority of players understand console commands.

Not trying to criticize you, just want to make sure we have helpful and accurate information posted, in particular because of all of the new l4d2 players who want to either build servers with additional slots or join existing ones.

Cheers,

PG
Dr. Greg House
Professional Troll,
Part-Time Asshole
Old 01-06-2014 , 22:50   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown 2 (0.5.4.2) - L4D2 Only, Updated Left4Downtown
Reply With Quote #655

This needs "GetClientCookie" to reset the cookie in order to join a server where somebody on it has blocked you.

Watch out when you're paying people for private requests! Most stuff already exists and you can hardly assess the quality of what you'll get, and if it's worth the money.
V1SoR
Old 01-06-2014 , 22:59   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown 2 (0.5.4.2) - L4D2 Only, Updated Left4Downtown
Reply With Quote #656

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Greg House View Post
This needs "GetClientCookie" to reset the cookie in order to join a server where somebody on it has blocked you.
Code:
/**
* @brief Removes lobby reservation from a server
* @remarks Sets the reservation cookie to 0,
* it is safe to call this even if it's unreserved.
*/
native L4D_LobbyUnreserve();
This is what you're looking for. Confogl had it long before the block feature was implemented, and turned out it had this magical side effect of "unblocking" the server for everyone to join.
Dr. Greg House
Professional Troll,
Part-Time Asshole
Old 01-07-2014 , 00:20   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown 2 (0.5.4.2) - L4D2 Only, Updated Left4Downtown
Reply With Quote #657

Shouldn't I have to "reserve" it after this so that matchmaking/quickjoins work?

Watch out when you're paying people for private requests! Most stuff already exists and you can hardly assess the quality of what you'll get, and if it's worth the money.
kem008
Old 01-10-2014 , 12:57   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown 2 (0.5.4.2) - L4D2 Only, Updated Left4Downtown
Reply With Quote #658

New gamedata for windows? And includes?
ilham92-cc-sakura
Old 01-25-2014 , 02:30   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown 2 (0.5.4.2) - L4D2 Only, Updated Left4Downtown
Reply With Quote #659

I have problem with this exts, I tried all version, everything got error,
for now, got an error g_pMemAlloc.

I use ubuntu-13.04-x86
SM: 1.5.2
Meta: 1.10

how to fix this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	left4downtown.PNG
Views:	334
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	129844  
Old 01-25-2014 , 04:56   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown 2 (0.5.4.2) - L4D2 Only, Updated Left4Downtown
Reply With Quote #660

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilham92-cc-sakura View Post
I have problem with this exts, I tried all version, everything got error,
for now, got an error g_pMemAlloc.

I use ubuntu-13.04-x86
SM: 1.5.2
Meta: 1.10

how to fix this?
https://github.com/Attano/Equilibriu....ext.2.l4d2.so