This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[CS:GO/L4D2] DoS Protect [UPDATED 26.10.12]

Post New Thread Reply   

Kooter
Old 04-15-2014 , 05:28   Re: [CS:GO/L4D2] DoS Protect [UPDATED 26.10.12]
Reply With Quote #71

That's disappointing to hear. Any possibility of something coming along to take its place? It seems like this would be a welcome addition here, given how often Source Engine games seem to fall prey to DOS attacks. I routinely hear of players being dos-ed in everything from CS, to L4D.
crasx
Old 04-15-2014 , 23:44   Re: [CS:GO/L4D2] DoS Protect [UPDATED 26.10.12]
Reply With Quote #72

someone on reddit linked me to https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=95312
Kooter
Old 04-16-2014 , 01:33   Re: [CS:GO/L4D2] DoS Protect [UPDATED 26.10.12]
Reply With Quote #73

Yeah, that also doesn't work for Linux, the Windows version seems to work fine, but doesn't work for L4D2 on Linux (not for me anyway). Thanks though.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 04-16-2014 , 05:22   Re: [CS:GO/L4D2] DoS Protect [UPDATED 26.10.12]
Reply With Quote #74

I think the person on Reddit mixed up the 2.

GoD-Tony posted on the last page asking for information about it not working on L4D2, perhaps someone should answer his question.

Last edited by asherkin; 04-16-2014 at 05:22.
Kooter
Old 04-16-2014 , 22:47   Re: [CS:GO/L4D2] DoS Protect [UPDATED 26.10.12]
Reply With Quote #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
I think the person on Reddit mixed up the 2.

GoD-Tony posted on the last page asking for information about it not working on L4D2, perhaps someone should answer his question.

He wasn't addressing me directly, but I attempted to answer his question when I posted this on page 7:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooter
This still doesn't seem to work for L4D2, even when I use the version posted by Tony, in addition to the updated game data that he posted. I get no error messages, but it also doesn't show up in meta list or sm exts lists or anything else posted in this thread. I don't mean to be a broken record but is there any hope for a L4D2 fix?

If more information is required, I'll be happy to provide anything I can, but I've given all that that I'm aware of. I get no error messages from this extension and it shows no signs that I've seen of being loaded. Sm exts list and meta list don't show it as being loaded. Sm exts load dosprotect does nothing. It doesn't respond to the one command listed in the original post, whether tried with sm_rcon or not. I've followed the instructions listed in the first post to the letter, and this simply shows no signs of being installed that I can see. (For L4D2) Please let me know if there's anything else I can provide, I'm happy to be the Guinea Pig on this.

I've tried the gamedata in the intial post as well as the updated gamedata Tony posted for L4D2, I still get the same results.

Last edited by Kooter; 04-16-2014 at 22:50.
crasx
Old 04-17-2014 , 00:01   Re: [CS:GO/L4D2] DoS Protect [UPDATED 26.10.12]
Reply With Quote #76

not a question of is it working. Do we still need this? Did valve fix it on there end? Is there a more up to date plugin? I came across like 3, no idea which one to use. If one is broken I can fix, just need to know which one
Kooter
Old 04-17-2014 , 03:46   Re: [CS:GO/L4D2] DoS Protect [UPDATED 26.10.12]
Reply With Quote #77

As many servers and players are still being DOS attacked, I'd argue it's still "needed". As to Valve "fixing it", since players are still being DOS attacked, it would appear they haven't "fixed" anything. Not sure how one would go about quantifying which plugin is more up to date as none of them are currently working (for L4D2 on Linux), but in my search I've found a few tools that have had any recent work done on them, and none appear to be working for L4D on Linux. This, as well as the Metamod SRCDS Plugin seem to have the most information available. The SRCDS Plugin seems to work okay for me on Windows, but I couldn't tell you which you should fix, as I've yet to experience the CS:GO/L4D2 DoS Protect in operation personally. If you're going to attempt a fix, I'd say fix one one of those two, or even both, and try them out for yourself to see which works best.
crasx
Old 04-17-2014 , 16:02   Re: [CS:GO/L4D2] DoS Protect [UPDATED 26.10.12]
Reply With Quote #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooter View Post
If you're going to attempt a fix, I'd say fix one one of those two, or even both, and try them out for yourself to see which works best.
Good call. I will be out of town but will try and fix early next week. Any idea where I can get the tools to test this type of attack?
klausenbusk
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-19-2014 , 11:20   Re: [CS:GO/L4D2] DoS Protect [UPDATED 26.10.12]
Reply With Quote #79

Any working solution for CS:S?
crasx
Old 04-23-2014 , 20:38   Re: [CS:GO/L4D2] DoS Protect [UPDATED 26.10.12]
Reply With Quote #80

here is a working version for l4d2 and csgo on linux. Don't even want to try to mess with a windows version.

this is working in the sense that it compiles and loads on the server. I don't have the tools to test the exploit it is suppose to prevent

I needed an autoload file
Attached Files
File Type: zip dosprotect.zip (389.1 KB, 275 views)
File Type: so dosprotect.ext.2.csgo.so (199.6 KB, 207 views)
File Type: so dosprotect.ext.2.l4d2.so (184.9 KB, 173 views)
File Type: txt dosprotect.txt (1.1 KB, 294 views)