This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[SYN][DEAD] SynTools

Post New Thread Reply   

scorp75
Old 09-09-2014 , 17:31   Re: [SYN] SynTools
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarabveer View Post
I used Google Translate
Это ужасный переводчик, он врет страшно. Мне приходтся все равно глядеть оригинал. Ок, хочешь делать двойную работу - делай.

Quote:
the Plugin does remove all spawn points and spawn you on a random player when "w" is pressed.
Если ты не понял повторю еще раз. ТВОЙ плагин блокирует или удаляет все прописанные спавны и создает свой который не пропадает пока не перезайдешь на сервер. Я специально тестировал на карте где стоит цепочка изменяемых спавнов. Они не работают. Я специально ждал спавна не нажимая w и ничего, не работают прописанные спавны пока не перезайти на сервер. Если ты не понимаешь что я пишу, попробуй сам сделать тест на подобных картах.

Один маленький плюс от плагина и огромный минус от его последствий

Last edited by scorp75; 09-09-2014 at 17:51.
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 09-09-2014 , 18:20   Re: [SYN] SynTools
Reply With Quote #12

You are required to post in English.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/misc.php?do=showrules
Old 09-15-2014 , 00:24   Re: [SYN] SynTools
Reply With Quote #13

Sarabveer Does not own the hyperspawn plugin. I can confirm that the plugin functions properly when used properly. To continue, we own the plugin and can right now provide information regarding it's functionality.

Whatever user claimed it deletes spawns is 100% incorrect. This plugin does nothing more than force a spawn and teleport the player to a player at random.

There are Cvars to change re-spawn time, if it should teleport or spawn statically, allow spawning or block to ducked or vehicle players. The plugin worked fine for the longest time, should you not like it's functionality, than do not use it.

Furthermore, this plugin was NOT approved for public distribution, VEER, I do not recall nightmare saying it was open for distribution, we were going to distribute it at a later time.
miniman
Old 09-20-2014 , 16:46   Re: [SYN] SynTools
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
I don't know, who nightmare is, but Nonoca-Chan gave it to me. He runs the PsychoSynergy which is a spinoff of your PsychoCOOP. Nonoca-Chan said they are going to put up all their old plugins on their Webserver, but there webserver is still in the works.
It would be pretty easy to rewrite this plugin anyway it just checks a button press on OnPlayerRunCmd while a player is dead and looks for a live player to spawn on (theres a ducking and a vehicle check too) and teleport to ,its a 5 minute work.I don't want to be a downer but you can't distribute sourceless plugins even if its for a good cause.
miniman
Old 09-21-2014 , 08:05   Re: [SYN] SynTools
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
That's why this pack is under LGPL v3.
Doesn't matter the plugins are a derivative work of a sourcemod tool therefore their license applies on every compiled smx.
but again sorry if i sound like a smartass it's just that this thread might get removed or banned with this plugins just sayin.
PsychoAngel
Old 09-21-2014 , 13:23   Re: [SYN] SynTools
Reply With Quote #16

Our plugins were going to be privately Distributed on our web-server. They were NOT going up on the source mod site. If the plugin is so easy to write, anyone can feel free to upload their own, but our plugins are not going to be sourced. Nor will they be put up ever on the SM site.
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 09-21-2014 , 15:36   Re: [SYN] SynTools
Reply With Quote #17

Sarabveer, please provide the source code of hyperspawn.smx and sm_goto.smx. Failure to do so may result in your plugins being blacklisted, which means every Sourcemod installation (that hasn't been modified and recompiled) will refuse to load these two files. You cannot get around this legal requirement by claiming to have changed the license. You have not been given permission by Alliedmodders to change the license. Removing them from the downloads might also suffice, but I am not sure...

PsychoAngel, it doesn't matter WHERE you are distributing the plugins. If you are using Alliedmodders tools to create the plugins, and you are distributing those plugins ANYWHERE, you are REQUIRED to provide the source. It doesn't matter if you never wanted to post them here. You still have a legal requirement to provide the source when providing the binary, even when just giving them to a single person over an email or FTP. Failure to provide the source can get your plugin blacklisted, which means that they WILL NOT LOAD ON ANY STANDARD SOURCEMOD INSTALLATION.

Last edited by ddhoward; 09-21-2014 at 15:53.
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 09-21-2014 , 22:13   Re: [SYN] SynTools
Reply With Quote #18

You should not have even linked to the plugin if you didn't have the source.
Old 09-21-2014 , 22:38   Re: [SYN] SynTools
Reply With Quote #19

http://www.sourcemod.net/license.php

You were not given permission by AlliedModders LLC to switch the license to the LGPL.

Last edited by ddhoward; 09-21-2014 at 22:38.
DaftMink
Old 09-21-2014 , 23:46   Re: [SYN] SynTools
Reply With Quote #20

You do know Lysis doesn't always spit out a runnable version of the source code correct?.
Maybe you can try running a copy to see if it still works with all the changes.

Also do you have Psycho's permission to redistribute/modify his versions of goto and hyperspawn?.
Last I checked he merely gave you the plugins to run, not to include in your package.

Last edited by DaftMink; 09-21-2014 at 23:51.