This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Question on SQL_ThreadQuery

Post New Thread Reply   

Cv3
Old 12-11-2014 , 17:31   Question on SQL_ThreadQuery
Reply With Quote #1

I am roaming around couple of plugins using mysql just to figure out how to fix and optimize mine. What I saw is questionable on logical and useful point of view..

When I use SQL_ThreadQuery I'd prefer to keep it optimized and clean, but I do not insist on 'clean'.

What I noticed is that some authors use couple of queries (SQL_ThreadQuery) to get info from 2 tables for example. Like this one ..

PHP Code:
        formatex(g_Cachecharsmax(g_Cache), "UPDATE bf2ranks SET badge1=%i, badge2=%i, badge3=%i, badge4=%i, badge5=%i, badge6=%i, knife=%i, pistol=%i, sniper=%i, support=%i, kills=%i, defuses=%i, plants=%i, explosions=%i WHERE playerid=^"%s^"",

g_PlayerBadges[id][BADGE_KNIFE], g_PlayerBadges[id][BADGE_PISTOL], g_PlayerBadges[id][BADGE_ASSAULT], g_PlayerBadges[id][BADGE_SNIPER], g_PlayerBadges[id][BADGE_SUPPORT], g_PlayerBadges[id][BADGE_EXPLOSIVES], knifekills[id], pistolkills[id], sniperkills[id], parakills[id], totalkills[id], defuses[id], plants[id], explosions[id], tempSaveKey);

SQL_ThreadQuery(g_SqlTuple"QueryHandle"g_Cache);

formatex(g_Cachecharsmax(g_Cache), "UPDATE bf2ranks2 SET badge7=%i, badge8=%i, shotgun=%i, smg=%i, rifle=%i, grenade=%i, gold=%i, silver=%i, bronze=%i WHERE playerid=^"%s^""g_PlayerBadges[id][BADGE_SHOTGUN], g_PlayerBadges[id][BADGE_SMG], shotgunkills[id], smgkills[id], riflekills[id], grenadekills[id], gold[id], silver[id], bronze[id], tempSaveKey);

SQL_ThreadQuery(g_SqlTuple"QueryHandle"g_Cache); 
My questions is: Is this the right way to do it or you can just combine both SQL_ThreadQuery and run the 2 queries divided by ';' like

PHP Code:
formatex(g_Cachecharsmax(g_Cache), "UPDATE bf2ranks SET badge1 ... ; UPDATE bf2ranks SET badge1 ..); 
And by 'right way' I mean the faster one..
YamiKaitou
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 12-11-2014 , 17:34   Re: Question on SQL_ThreadQuery
Reply With Quote #2

I do not believe SQLx supports multiple queries within a single call. Have you tried it yet?

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
Cv3
Old 12-11-2014 , 17:44   Re: Question on SQL_ThreadQuery
Reply With Quote #3

Not yet, there is a lot to rewrite to make it single call that's why I wanted to ask if it's worth the try.
But I found a plugin doing it. Running it through my mind it seems logical to make multiple queries with one call.
Lycode
Old 12-12-2014 , 11:40   Re: Question on SQL_ThreadQuery
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cv3 View Post
Not yet, there is a lot to rewrite to make it single call that's why I wanted to ask if it's worth the try.
But I found a plugin doing it. Running it through my mind it seems logical to make multiple queries with one call.
I tried making multiple queries with one call and it worked. Not through a plugin, but it shouldn't make a difference.

Also, can you post useful information you came across? As far as optimization goes?