This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

hld flames

Post New Thread Reply   

Manip
Old 02-06-2005 , 17:03  
Reply With Quote #1

HLGuard is useless, you end up with more false positives than anything else ... If you bind your mouse wheel to attack right now you get banned for a fast fire script...
Send a message via AIM to Manip
BeetleFart
SourceMod Donor
Old 02-06-2005 , 21:27  
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manip
HLGuard is useless, you end up with more false positives than anything else ... If you bind your mouse wheel to attack right now you get banned for a fast fire script...
as well you should
Manip
Old 02-06-2005 , 22:30  
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeetleFart
Quote:
as well you should
Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tali
Its aimbot through boxes and wall from far away. There has to be something that looks into joining clients that look through there counter-strike,cstrike folder.. something. you did great job with admin ! \

manybe update cheating death, i really dont care what it is as long as it works, i was just using hlg as exmaple..

come on beetlefart you can do it baby!
Valve removed the ability to search though player's folders a long long time ago. Even if we did have that ability it would be made useless by the fact that most hacks (including OpenGL) can be run outside the HL folder. Cheating Death is closed source and requires the client to install something which is very unpopular.
tkaway69
Old 02-07-2005 , 07:02  
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Quote:
as well you should
Manip.... By your post just then we see exactly the type of player you are. HLG has always been a great against the script Kiddie. Define a "false positive". All scripts that give you a unfair advantage should be banned from cs. Hlg is the only thing that has been fighting the script kiddies out there. I myself, cant wait till it or something like it is made for source.
Old 02-07-2005 , 07:39   yeh man
Reply With Quote #5

thanks, tkaway69 finally some back up here...lol
Send a message via AIM to Talibankiller
Manip
Old 02-07-2005 , 08:16  
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkaway69
Quote:
Quote:
as well you should
Manip.... By your post just then we see exactly the type of player you are. HLG has always been a great against the script Kiddie. Define a "false positive". All scripts that give you a unfair advantage should be banned from cs. Hlg is the only thing that has been fighting the script kiddies out there. I myself, cant wait till it or something like it is made for source.
If the scripts it blocked did give you an unfair advantage then it wouldn't be a false positive would it? The attack/scroll thing offers no advantage.

PS - I don't appreciate the attack
tkaway69
Old 02-07-2005 , 08:26  
Reply With Quote #7

"PS - I don't appreciate the attack"

Sorry, it wasnt a attack.

But, It is a known fact you can scroll alot faster than you can click. Theres your advantage.
Old 02-07-2005 , 09:27  
Reply With Quote #8

But you can't scroll faster than holding down the mouse button is the point. Holding down your mouse is as fast as you can go, scrolling just gives you more control of that rapid fire (control of rate-of-fire, not recoil).
Janzert
Old 02-07-2005 , 15:23  
Reply With Quote #9

Then you must be a very slow scroller. ;)

This is probably most apparent if you try it with a pistol.

Janzert
Wallslide
Old 02-08-2005 , 19:48  
Reply With Quote #10

May as well ban buy scripts while you're at it, they provide an unfair advantage for people who have them at the beginning of the round. Especially on servers with no freezetime.

What's that? Buy scripts are part of CS:Source? Well so is binding +attack to a mousewheel (you can do it through the menu in the keyboard setup in addition to through the console).

Quote:
But, It is a known fact you can scroll alot faster than you can click. Theres your advantage.
Advantage over what? People who decide to bind their keys differently?
Anyone can use the scrollwheel as their firing key through the game menu, so I don't see what the problem is. Sure you can get a higher rate of fire, but you know what... that's what recoil is there for. There are tradeoffs. As for claiming that people who use the scroll wheel have an advantage, I'd like to point out that this claim is very broad, and doesn't even seem to hold much of an arguement. There are several ways to bind your keys, each way has its tradeoffs.