This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

AimBot Detection

Post New Thread Reply   

flintridge
Old 01-21-2009 , 13:29   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #341

Hi,

I do love this plugin, it has yet to catching anything on my server. But here are some things i noticed since i installed it. (All of which it, is suppose to do)

1. It only is watching one person at a time and not all the time only until they reach the requirements set.
2. When it watches the person it lets the whole server know. ^^
3. All of a sudden that person is playing badly until it says unlikely. ^^
4. If you suspect someone make it watch them and see how all of a sudden they are not as good as they once were.
5. How can you not love this plugin!

I am sure i can turn off that feature that announces it, but even with it not catching it makes them, i believe, turn them off for a bit of time. Sometimes people just simply log out and come back. I find them guilty with out admission.

I hope no one here stops/discourages the plugin developer from continuing, i think the work your doing on this plugin is great. I believe my case for not catching is mostly because they get a warning before they are watched.

I am looking forward to the update and will install it immediately when it comes out.

Flintridge - Newbie World Order
Seehank
Old 01-21-2009 , 13:37   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #342

It deffo does not have to inform everyone about watching. tbh I dont recall turning it off and I am sure it is only shown in amx_chat.
Old 01-21-2009 , 13:44   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #343

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seehank View Post
It deffo does not have to inform everyone about watching. tbh I dont recall turning it off and I am sure it is only shown in amx_chat.
Everyone on my server sees the message.

Aimbot Detection 0.9b bugsy aimbotdetect.am running

I am using the sma file unchanged encase anyone is curious.

Flintridge
Old 01-21-2009 , 13:51   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #344

Quote:
Originally Posted by flintridge View Post
Everyone on my server sees the message.

Aimbot Detection 0.9b bugsy aimbotdetect.am running

I am using the sma file unchanged encase anyone is curious.

Flintridge
How about this?
Code:
//  **** Admin Flags ****
#define FLAG_NOTIFY	ADMIN_RCON	//Admin level required to be notified of plugin actions
#define FLAG_COMMAND	ADMIN_RCON	//  ... ... ... ... ... to use amx_aimwatch command
This is saying you have to have at least ADMIN_RCON flag to see the actions. And yes this is default setting in the release plugin on this forum. At least it is so in the source (*.sma) file...

Last edited by Seehank; 01-21-2009 at 13:53.
flintridge
Old 01-21-2009 , 14:09   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #345

Odd,

Everyone says they see it on my server. If i have amx.cfg set to show all admin commands and who does it, would that show it because of that?

Though i am not actually complaining about that, i like it.
Old 01-21-2009 , 20:27   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #346

Quote:
Odd,

Everyone says they see it on my server. If i have amx.cfg set to show all admin commands and who does it, would that show it because of that?

Well that is deffo strange since it should be only shown to admins with RCON ... I have nmo idea how is your server set. Really it may be many things.
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 01-21-2009 , 21:48   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #347

Quote:
Odd,

As already stated, only admins with ADMIN_RCON access (default) are notified of plugin actions.

This is the code used throughout the plugin for all chat notify.
PHP Code:
for( new <= g_MaxPlayers i++)
    if( 
is_user_connected(i) && is_user_admin(i) && (get_user_flags(i) & FLAG_NOTIFY))

client_printprint_chat "* [Aimbot Detector] Could not spawn bot due to victim location."
Old 01-22-2009 , 03:46   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #348

Guys no need to get defensive about my comments. I am reporting back precisely what is being experienced using the plugin. If you read back ive been testing this plugin for some months now. See previous posts.

Ive had to ban around 10 aimbotters which i explained before. Hoping to see something at least in a log I was dissappointed to see that absolutely nothing had been logged on ANY server by way of file aimbotdetections.log. None of my servers have an aimbotdetection.log file in amxmodx/logs. Ive also done some testing using hacks with a score of 50-0 against bots. didnt detect that either.

Dont get me wrong im a big supporter of anything that rids our community of cheaters as i go to great lengths myself to rid my servers of anyone that cheats. I do run HLguard, cvar checker setup with a watered down setup of CAL configs, Client checker for monitoring only and this aimbot detection plugin.

And screen wobble is caused by aimbot NOT norecoil script. No recoil scripts cause the players xhairs to drop slowly the same as pulling back on your mouse does the same thing. Screen wobble is caused by the aimbot hack trying to lock onto players.

Good hacks all use a small fov to lock onto players which makes spawning a bot ineffective as it will fall outside of the fov. What your catching by this method is noob haxors that are stupid enough to load it with 90 or 180 fov then hit a server without making adjustments to hax settings. Anyone who is a half decent admin can catch these noobs anyway.

I am always happy to test this plugin in legal ways and i'm supporting the plugin and author by having it installed on 6 now 8 servers and would be very excited if it caught the pro hackers as well. But unfortunately i can only report back here what is happening and what is not happening. That is my way of supporting this plugin. Im certainly not going to report it has caught someone when there are no logs of it catching anything.

The people that code hacks are always one step ahead. Even Valve and CAL cant stop them until the damage is already done. By then the hacks coders have recoded new hacks to get around the detection method the last one was caught by. That is the reason why zerocools comment was that a better method that nips them in the bud at the core of the hack is the way to go. BTW yeah zerocool owns HLguard which he has let go and unsupporting it anymore (no forum anymore hlguard either). I was in contact with him to try and get the code and after seeing this authors attempts to write an anti aimbot program suggested he take a look it. Hence his comment which I relayed via my post.

Last edited by Lenfitz; 01-22-2009 at 04:13.
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 01-22-2009 , 11:02   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #349

Not getting defensive; just trying to make sense of the rant you posted in the previous page. It sounds to me like you are a supporter of hlguard? If you can provide more details about server setup, config, and other plugins, perhaps we can determine what's wrong. Clearly if you are running it on 8 servers and have 0 detections in either of the log files then there is something wrong; take a glance you seahawks logs. This is what makes me think one of your other plugins is conflicting or you may have changed one of the plugins configurations.

As for the fov thing, the plugin has its limitations, yes. It doesn't do any magic tricks, it can only do what is feasible to detect hackers without detecting regular players in the process. If I set the fov too tight, that will increase the # of legit players that get detected, which is the #1 thing I am trying to avoid. It has been discussed numerous times that this plugin isn't the end-all be-all of aimbot detection. It exists to run on a server to catch any possible aimbots when there is no admin around.

Last edited by Bugsy; 01-22-2009 at 11:11.
Lenfitz
Old 01-22-2009 , 14:53   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #350

Best of luck with it.