This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[HL2MP][REQ]mIKe's ReVeNGe build server commands?

Post New Thread Reply   

nicatronTg
Old 08-31-2009 , 12:40   [HL2MP][REQ]mIKe's ReVeNGe build server commands?
Reply With Quote #1

Hey everyone!

I've been running a build server for around a month, but the way I have it set up is not exactly ideal. I have Sourcemod with all the admin functions, but then I have SourceOP installed for the entity tools. The problem lies in the fact that there's no spawn list for SourceOP that's set up by default, and the fact that normal users can't spawn props. The only way to let them spawn props would be to give them the command, but there's no limit per user, only a server wide limit.

I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas/plugins for emulating the following commands:

!spawn, with limits, meaning like a ConVar for the limits, or something similar. Or hell, even a way to call the command e_spawnprop.

!freeze and !unfreeze so that props don't move.

If it's possible, some way to protect props from another person interfering with them/unfreezing them would be great.

And a bit out of curiosity, how would one create a plugin that allowed a user to become invisible/change colors?(any tips would be nice, I can code it myself).

Even if someone won't code it, I'd take any tips as to how to create the plugin(I'm decent at C++, but digging through APIs is not something I like doing).

Thanks,
nicatronTg

Edit: For whoever's interested, these are somewhat close to the commands that I mean:
http://mikes-revenge.com/spawnhelpcommands.html

Yeah, I know mR isn't exactly a Sourcemod system, but I really don't think some of the things that they do are that hard.

Last edited by nicatronTg; 08-31-2009 at 15:40.
pheadxdll
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-31-2009 , 12:43   Re: mIKe's ReVeNGe build server commands?
Reply With Quote #2

Here's a plugin that let's you change colors and become invisible. It may or may not work for your mod, but at least you can pull some code ideas from it: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=665771
nicatronTg
Old 08-31-2009 , 13:06   Re: mIKe's ReVeNGe build server commands?
Reply With Quote #3

I forgot to point out that it's a HL2DM sever(always do). I'll try FuncommandsX anyhow. All I need is the ability to go invisible for Machinima stuff.

Edit: It works, thanks for that bit.

Last edited by nicatronTg; 08-31-2009 at 13:53.
nicatronTg
Old 09-04-2009 , 00:04   Re: [HL2MP][REQ]mIKe's ReVeNGe build server commands?
Reply With Quote #4

Anyone at all?