This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

(Help!) Fast Download Models

Post New Thread Reply   

UGKGaming
Old 01-27-2010 , 01:35   (Help!) Fast Download Models
Reply With Quote #1

Hey whats up guys?!

Well my problem is that i can get the sounds and everything else to download quite fast but the models i cant seem to get them. I put them in a folder named Models and inside that its basicly the same as my folder models in my cstrike of my server but it still wont. I took them out and put it in the cstrike directory on my ftp server but that doesnt work either. Please help!
I use 000webhost to host my things because they are free and well its been working quite good for a while. But now i want to get into SH and alot of people leave my server due to my models being a long download wait.

Heres my ftp setup:

Local > Cstrike > Sounds, Models, Maps (The sounds work perfect and the maps)
The Art of War
Veteran Member
Old 01-27-2010 , 08:36   Re: (Help!) Fast Download Models
Reply With Quote #2

Hmm, i cant be sure without seeing your ftp. Plz post your FTP adress here and ill be able to help you.
Firstly, the sounds dir should be: cstrike/sound/shmod if you want to add sounds from heroes and other SH stuff
If you want to add SHMOD models (am i right?) you have to put them in cstrike/models/shmod both in the HLDS/Steam Dedicated Server and in your ftp server.
Then you have to add this in your server.cfg (but i guess youve done that if your sounds are working?): sv_downloadurl:"http:/yourftp.com" or whatever

then add this:
sv_allowupload 1
sv_allowdownload 1

Plz post your ftp adress, then try what ive said, if it doesnt work tell me and ill look into it! Good luck
The Art of War
Veteran Member
Old 01-28-2010 , 08:12   Re: (Help!) Fast Download Models
Reply With Quote #3

Um wtf??? I checked your FTp and where the heck is your models??? Plz tell me the names... And you have to mirror it like in the HLDS or Dedicated Server, with MAPS not just the files lol...... You have maps in sound thats why it works. If you want a SH server you have to add the map "shmod" in models and add all models there from heroes. And all player models go in "cstrike/models/player/modelname"