This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Change the color for amx_chat messages?

Post New Thread Reply   

lantz69
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 06-01-2005 , 06:24   Change the color for amx_chat messages?
Reply With Quote #1

Im just wondering how to change the color for amx_chat messages so you can see them better.
amx_psay messages would also be good to have another color.
If anyone has a clue how to do that with the default adminchat.sma please respond to this thread.

Thanks in advance.
lantz69
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 06-09-2005 , 06:49  
Reply With Quote #2

*A gentle bump*
Xerxes
Old 06-09-2005 , 07:02  
Reply With Quote #3

amx_psay color texthere
amx_csay color texthere
amx_chat? Haven't heard anythinga about that so I have no idea at all.
lantz69
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 06-09-2005 , 08:20  
Reply With Quote #4

Thanks for replying

But you cant do
amx_psay color texthere

Only hud mesages can have a color

You need to add some code into the adminchat.sma to make that posssible.

amx_psay and amx_chat dont have the possibility to have special colors

I know there is a plugin out there that made it possible to change the color of the chatmessages. Maybe that plugin can be used to color amx_chat and amx_psay messages.

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=9213

Here is the code for that plugin

Code:
/* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *  *   Admin_chatcolor, by BlueRaja (AMX Mod X)  *  *                                             *  *      Special thanks to Damaged Soul         *  * - not just for helping me when I needed it, *  *    but for putting up with all my shit ^_^  *  *                                             *  *************I hate asterisks.*****************  *                                             *  *           (c) Copyright 2005                *  * This file is provided as is (no warranties) *  * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * */ //Use !T for team-color (sorry, can't use red when on CT, and vice-versa) //!G for green, and !W for normal (it's more of a tan than a white...) //Includes #include <amxmodx> #include <cstrike> //Defines #if defined ACCESS_LEVEL     #undef ACCESS_LEVEL #endif //#define ACCESS_LEVEL ADMIN_CHAT   //UNCOMMENT THIS LINE to allow only admins (with ADMIN_CHAT) to use colors //Messages new gmsgSayText //Globals //Initialization public plugin_init() {     gmsgSayText = get_user_msgid("SayText")     register_clcmd("say", "CatchSay")     register_clcmd("say_team", "CatchSay")     register_plugin("Admin Chat Color","1.0","BlueRaja")     return PLUGIN_CONTINUE } //Functions public CatchSay(id) {     #if defined ACCESS_LEVEL         if( !(get_user_flags(id)&ACCESS_LEVEL) ) return PLUGIN_CONTINUE     #endif     new message[129]     read_argv(1,message,128)         if ( containi(message,"!t")==-1 &&          containi(message,"!w")==-1 &&          containi(message,"!g")==-1 )     {         return PLUGIN_CONTINUE     }         new szCommand[9]     read_argv(0,szCommand,8)     new CsTeams:team = cs_get_user_team(id)     new isAlive = is_user_alive(id)         new playerList[32]//players to send message to     new playerCount         new message_to_send[129] = "^x01"     new szFlags[4] = ""     if(isAlive){         add(szFlags,3,"a")//Only alive players     } else {         add(szFlags,3,"b")//Only dead players         add(message_to_send,128,"*DEAD*")     }     add(szFlags,3,"c")//skip bots         if(equal(szCommand,"say_team")) {         add(szFlags,3,"e")//Match with passed teamname         if(team==CS_TEAM_T){             get_players(playerList,playerCount,szFlags,"TERRORIST")             add(message_to_send,128,"(Terrorist) ^x03")         } else if(team==CS_TEAM_CT) {             get_players(playerList,playerCount,szFlags,"CT")             add(message_to_send,128,"(Counter-terrorist) ^x03")         } else { //assume Spectator             get_players(playerList,playerCount,szFlags,"SPECTATOR")             add(message_to_send,128,"(Spectator) ^x03")         }     } else { //assume "say"         get_players(playerList,playerCount,szFlags)         if(isAlive)         {             add(message_to_send,128,"^x03")         } else {             add(message_to_send,128," ^x03")         }     }           new username[129]     get_user_name(id,username,128)     add(message_to_send,128,username)     add(message_to_send,128,"^x01 :  ")     add( message_to_send,128,message,(128-strlen(message_to_send)) )     while(containi(message_to_send,"!t") != -1)     {         replace(message_to_send,128,"!T","^x03")         replace(message_to_send,128,"!t","^x03")     }     while(containi(message_to_send,"!g") != -1)     {         replace(message_to_send,128,"!G","^x04")         replace(message_to_send,128,"!g","^x04")     }     while(containi(message_to_send,"!w") != -1)     {         replace(message_to_send,128,"!W","^x01")         replace(message_to_send,128,"!w","^x01")     }     for(new i=0; i<playerCount; i++)     {         message_begin(MSG_ONE, gmsgSayText, {0,0,0}, playerList[i])         write_byte(playerList[i])         write_string(message_to_send)         message_end()     }     return PLUGIN_HANDLED }
Xerxes
Old 06-09-2005 , 08:37  
Reply With Quote #5

Oh ok, well try use that and see how it goes