This site is a testing version, but all data is shared with the live forum.

Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[CS:GO] Custom configs not loading on mapchange

Post New Thread Reply   

DoPe^
Veteran Member
Old 05-19-2015 , 13:59   [CS:GO] Custom configs not loading on mapchange
Reply With Quote #1

Hey guys, I got alittle issue.
Sometimes, not everytime my server changes map, it dosnt load custom configs, like all the configs from sourcemod or my gamemode_casual_server.cfg instead it just loads all the default stuff gamemode_casual.cfg etc.

Does that sound like the server has a file permission issue?
I can't really see it being anything else.
Old 05-20-2015 , 06:56   Re: [CS:GO] Custom configs not loading on mapchange
Reply With Quote #2

would not be sometimes if it was file permission issue. if its loading gamemode_casual.cfg it would have to load gamemode_casual_server.cfg that's how gamemodes is written... so this whole thing is odd.
DoPe^
Veteran Member
Old 05-20-2015 , 08:45   Re: [CS:GO] Custom configs not loading on mapchange
Reply With Quote #3

Yeah but it's like it dosnt see the gamemode_casual_server.cfg at all so it loads the gamemode_casual.cfg instead.
Same goes for all sourcemod configs, so it loads the values set in the plugins them self.

And to me that makes it sound like my server host has some kind og file permission issue.
Old 05-22-2015 , 17:15   Re: [CS:GO] Custom configs not loading on mapchange
Reply With Quote #4

Okay I still got the issue... but this is when it gets weird.

It loads all the configs at map load..

When the map then starts it loads some random cvars, I have no idea from where.
You can see it here in the log http://pastebin.com/hCKMJS90
Old 05-22-2015 , 21:08   Re: [CS:GO] Custom configs not loading on mapchange
Reply With Quote #5

Have you set it up with an echo message in your gamemode_casual.cfg and in your gamemode_casual_server.cfg? Also did you make sure you spelt them correctly, one of those goofs?

I would also check to make sure it was properly formatted for EOL and isn't using Macintosh or something odd.
DoPe^
Veteran Member
Old 05-23-2015 , 07:32   Re: [CS:GO] Custom configs not loading on mapchange
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxximou5 View Post
Have you set it up with an echo message in your gamemode_casual.cfg and in your gamemode_casual_server.cfg? Also did you make sure you spelt them correctly, one of those goofs?

I would also check to make sure it was properly formatted for EOL and isn't using Macintosh or something odd.
I have now added echo messages.
It is also spelt correctly.

EOL was running UNIX, is that alright?
I also found out that the configs was running UTF-8 (without BOM) if that has anything to say.
Old 05-23-2015 , 22:58   Re: [CS:GO] Custom configs not loading on mapchange
Reply With Quote #7

My EOL is set for Windows, I know that mapchooser or nextmap won't read a mapcycle file if the EOL is set to Macintosh. Had a few problems concerning the same thing, and one of those things you never think about. At this point I would see if those echo messages are showing up. You could also add -condebug to your start parameters, go through the console log and see anything you may have missed. As I'm sure you said you checked permissions and that it has write access to any and all folders.
DoPe^
Veteran Member
Old 05-24-2015 , 07:56   Re: [CS:GO] Custom configs not loading on mapchange
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxximou5 View Post
My EOL is set for Windows, I know that mapchooser or nextmap won't read a mapcycle file if the EOL is set to Macintosh. Had a few problems concerning the same thing, and one of those things you never think about. At this point I would see if those echo messages are showing up. You could also add -condebug to your start parameters, go through the console log and see anything you may have missed. As I'm sure you said you checked permissions and that it has write access to any and all folders.
Code:
L 05/24/2015 - 04:56:07: "Console<0><Console><Console>" say ""***server.cfg Loaded***""
L 05/24/2015 - 04:56:08: "Console<0><Console><Console>" say ""***gamemode_casual.cfg Loaded***""
L 05/24/2015 - 04:56:08: "Console<0><Console><Console>" say ""***gamemode_casual_server.cfg Loaded***""
Thats from the first log after a server reboot.
After that it only loads the server.cfg after a map change

I have found out that it is when a update for a workshop map has been pushed to the workshop and the server needs to download it. then when It changes to that map, it will run with default cvar settings, mp_timelimit 5, mp_roundtime 5 etc. untill mapchange to next map.

Is there anyway to fix this? :S

Last edited by DoPe^; 05-24-2015 at 08:48.
leszektojatak
BANNED
Old 05-26-2015 , 12:19   Re: [CS:GO] Custom configs not loading on mapchange
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoPe^ View Post
Code:
L 05/24/2015 - 04:56:07: "Console<0><Console><Console>" say ""***server.cfg Loaded***""
L 05/24/2015 - 04:56:08: "Console<0><Console><Console>" say ""***gamemode_casual.cfg Loaded***""
L 05/24/2015 - 04:56:08: "Console<0><Console><Console>" say ""***gamemode_casual_server.cfg Loaded***""
Thats from the first log after a server reboot.
After that it only loads the server.cfg after a map change

I have found out that it is when a update for a workshop map has been pushed to the workshop and the server needs to download it. then when It changes to that map, it will run with default cvar settings, mp_timelimit 5, mp_roundtime 5 etc. untill mapchange to next map.

Is there anyway to fix this? :S
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...46&postcount=3

csgo/cfg/mapconfig/gametype/awp.cfg <-- maps game type add yours np. de,jb,or somting ealse

csgo/cfg/mapconfig/maps/de_tuscan_fixes_csgo.cfg <-- add some cviars for this map only

file .cfg of all maps on yoyrs srv create self only if you want add cviars

example:

add what you got on gamemode_casual_server.cfg file on
csgo/cfg/mapconfig/maps/de_tuscan_fixes_csgo.cfg <-- workshop maps if you got on game server hdd will be on cfg list add cviars to cfg thats all i think

ps.no valve update change this one you write or paste and if plugin will be runing all will be ok

Last edited by leszektojatak; 05-26-2015 at 12:29.
Send a message via Skype™ to leszektojatak
winniethepooh
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-30-2016 , 21:47   Re: [CS:GO] Custom configs not loading on mapchange
Reply With Quote #10

I've had ths same issue on and off for a long time now. It's really frustrating.

I've resorted to adding a exec gamemode_casual_server line in the server.cfg to manually execute the right gamemode CFG everytime